Haven’t seen much of this around, but I’ve spun my own instance up and suffice to say it fits my needs.

• erAckA
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

And with that they are out.

• randomperson@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

I really wanted to like Matrix, but the clients applications are trash. This looks like it has a nice client app at least.

• Blaze
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

This app looks nice, but Element has improved quite a bit recently, and the others clients have improved as well

• thanks_shakey_snake@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Yeah, I use Element daily and I’m pretty happy with it. I have far more problems these days with Discord than with Element/Matrix.

• moonpiedumplings@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Yeah, unintentional bugs are much easier to deal with than maliciousness, like replacing the “file upload” button with buy nitro, or discord in the browser’s audio being finnicky (dark pattern you don’t get this problem on element or the discord app.)

Of course, there are unintentional bugs as well, on top of maliciousness.

Screenshot_20240115-160050

Lmao. I’m guessing this is because they’ve begun to use LLM’s for moderation (maybe trying to replace real humans?), but LLM’s can’t really count.

• thanks_shakey_snake@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Yes. I noticed my Discord problems uptick sharply when I uninstalled the creepy invasive desktop app and started only using it in the browser. Element just sometimes fails to upload a file or something, but it’s pretty stable for me lately.

• darius@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I’ve had a Rocket.Chat instance for the past few months, are there any major differences between RC & Tailchat?