Come visit, post what you’re up to :3

• Lvxferre@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

That solves one of the matters (Linux). What about the other? Is its singleplayer fun?

• pikasaurX4@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Single player is fun if you like to play survival crafting games alone. “Pokémon with guns” is not actually a very good description. It’s a monster capturing game, and the creatures are cartoony like Pokémon, but it’s a third person survival crafting game. No turn based elements or choosing monster move sets or anything like that.

It’s more like Ark with Pokémon instead of dinosaurs

• Curdie@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Palworld is better with friends because I have good friends but the game doesn’t get twice as hard and frustrating when you’re alone. I enjoy games that encourage coordination and teamwork , but I think that kind of gameplay would be out of place in such a whimsical world.

• theit8514@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Honestly I would describe it as Ark-lite. It has base building/taming and that’s pretty fun, and you can also get random encounters at your base. The leveling system is a bit grindy. There are dungeons and bosses in the world to go find and explore. The map is huge, I think I’ve hardly explored a tenth of it.

Been playing about 15 hours or so and enjoyed it, but the game is definitely early access. I’ve had a number of crashes, fell through the world a few times, etc. I’d give it a month or two if that bothers you.

• Kaldo@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Is singleplayer more compelling than Ark or Conan Exiles? Games like Valheim or Project Zomboid can completely take over my life but Ark/CE was always just kind of an aimless boring grind.

• theit8514@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

There’s a tutorial that leads towards the first dungeon boss of the game, but after that it looks like you make your own challenges. There’s a few bosses around my level that I’ll be taking on next, then I’m probably going to explore to see if I can find more dungeons.

• sebinspace@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

That’s completely subjective. Although if you find survival in general fun, you’ll probably feel right at home

• Lvxferre@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I’m aware that fun value is subjective, but that was the way that I found to ask succinctly if it’s possible to have fun even if you focus solely on singleplayer. (I’m not a big fan of MP).

A shame that the game didn’t want to run at any acceptable speed in my machine. Otherwise I’d be almost for sure playing it, @pikasaurX4@lemm.ee even mentioned that it’s Ark-like (I’d love Ark if not for the grinding, so…)