My girlfriend has threatened to break up with me several times now unless I cut down to a pack a week. I’m not addicted but it does help me get through my day. I keep trying to tell her that but she doesn’t believe me and keeps saying that it’s actually bad. I want to prove to my girlfriend that smoking cigarettes is actually good for you so that she can stop judging me over it but I can’t find any info online to back that up. Can anyone help me find some resources that list the health benefits of cigarettes? Like how nicotine kills germs or anything like that?

• Lappland@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

If I was addicted I would smoke more than a pack every day. It just helps me get through the day I could stop anytime I want.

• Motavader@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

So try that. Go a week without smoking and see if you can do it.

I roll the occasional smoke after lunch but it’s less than one a day. That’s how I know I’m not addicted: I go multiple days between having a smoke, I can smoke with friends on the weekend, but then not smoke by myself on weekdays. Try that to know if you’re really not addicted.

• Lappland@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

My girlfriend keeps asking me to do something like that but I don’t want to prove her right so I haven’t done it yet.

• Sentrovasi@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

So you think she could be right? You just don’t want to do it? That reasoning doesn’t make sense. If you think she’s right you should be stopping right now.

• TootSweet@latte.isnot.coffee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

“I”

“could”

“stop”

“any”

“time”

“I”

“want.”

Did you really say that with a straight face? I thought that was just what people said to mock people who were clearly addicted.