Is there any list capability on Lemmy like on Mastodon etc.? It would be great to use them like what Multireddits was on Reddit

• nutomic@lemmy.mlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Sure we accept all well-written contributions. However bounty platforms dont work well for open source in my experience. At best the bounty for a given issue is a few hundred euros, which is far from enough for any serious developer to tackle it. So they bounties usually stay open for months or years, until one of the maintainers gets around to work on it. At that point its much more effective to donate directly to the maintainers.

• wiki_me@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

However bounty platforms dont work well for open source in my experience. At best the bounty for a given issue is a few hundred euros

Bounty source shows bounties for thousands of dollars, and it is a pretty bad platform, it does not even show the most funded issues, unlike rysolv which does.

But i think one of the biggest issues is that of a conversion rate, most users are simply not aware of that option (Or don’t feel sufficiently motivated to do it), If there will be a link in the issue template and a link on the read me to the top funded issue and i think it will really make a big difference, most of thunderbird recent spike in revenue seems to be due to a higher conversation ratio.