cross-posted from: https://discuss.tchncs.de/post/15351455

Testing if VRR is active and working

I recently updated to fedora 40 and enabled the experimental setting to get VRR running. But I am an idiot who has been playing at frames rates between 30-60 on screens without VRR for almost all of my life so I can’t even know if VRR is actually working or not. Is there some rest I can run to see if VRR is functional¿? If not, which parts of the game should I concentrate to see the difference between VRR and no VRR¿?

• SentauOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I am on a immutable version of fedora(ublue-main) to be precise. Will the appimages work normally¿? I haven’t tried running an appimage since moving to using immutable distros

• GiuEliNo@feddit.it
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Sorry idk I never used an immutable distro except Steamos on steamdeck And I never installed an appimage there

• Néstor 🇵🇸@mastorol.es
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

@Sentau @GiuEliNo Appimages works smoothly as far as the image matches with you glib version (in theory appimages are independent of the system but i found that they still enerally depends on glib)

For fedora silverblue / kinoite i strongly recomend to switch from toolbox to distrobox, it makes even easier to install an archlinux container and to export apps to get them integrated, even, appimages 😂