• PotatoesFall
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 days ago

Can we please stop posting memes in multiple similar communities? Just pick one. I hate having to go back and downvote a meme I originally upvoted :(

• PotatoesFall
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        22 days ago

if the communities are different, sure. If its very similar communities, naw

• Rob T Firefly@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          21 days ago

If there are multiple communities about something you like, why not have that thing you like in them both?

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              21 days ago

Shouldn’t people who are in only one of those communities get to see the thing? Not everyone will be subscribed to them both.

• ThatWeirdGuy1001@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                21 days ago

Not if you sort by all. Then you see every community in every instance your instance is federated with.

It can end up in seeing the same post a lot.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  20 days ago

Not everyone sorts by all, some people only browse on local, and so on. All things considered, I’d favor having a cool thing in multiple places to get the widest reach possible over considering having to scroll past it again a bad thing.

If you’re going to follow and interact with multiple communities, I think using the voting system to encourage good content in each one of them is a cool thing to do (especially in the Fediverse which doesn’t do shady algorithm stiff to force unrequested things in front of its users; we users are the only thing keeping the good stuff moving up to the top.)