• gigachad@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          22 days ago

OSMAnd works quiet fine after you logged in. There are probably better ons, but I use it for specificall editing tags.

Be sure to checkout StreetComplete, which is a great way to contribute to OSM, especially for beginners.

This is unfortunately not for contributing photos.

• EvacuateSoul@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          22 days ago

Also curious. I tried a couple that just did not work well or were painful to use without premium.

If I can’t tell if I like it for free, I’m not going to pay.

• Lifter
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          22 days ago

Vespucci is awesome. I’ve used it extensively for years. It’s only for editing though, not for navigation. I use OsmAnd (free pro features on f-droid)

• ivn@jlai.lu
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          22 days ago

I don’t use the same clients for viewing and editing.

I mostly use OSMAnd for viewing (but it can do editing too). To edit I use StreetComplete for easy, gamified, contribution and Vespucci if I need a full on editor. StreetComplete only ask you missing information about the things around you, if I want to add something new I use Vespucci).

• NeatNit
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        21 days ago

The only tag for a menu is:

website:menu=* – url to menu of the restaurant (pdf or webpage)

So there’s no way to just upload a photo of the menu when you visit. And if a restaurant doesn’t have a website with a menu, there’s no way to add a menu.

• NeatNit
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

Basically no, you can’t upload pictures. Even if you could add menu prices (I didn’t check) it’s not easy enough for enough people to bother, and will easily go out of date quickly. If it was as simple as uploading a photo it would be viable.