Yesterday, July 1st, they announced the Alpha release of this next-generation mod manager and their new Product Manager got in touch to mention they “would be really keen to get feedback from Linux users”. So this is your chance to ensure Linux (and Steam Deck) finally become a first-class citizen for game modding.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

I really love the thing. It’s been my almost exclusive gaming device for the last couple years, except for the past few weeks where I’ve been binge gaming shattered pixel dungeon on my phone.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

I just screwed myself so hard. Was OP buff as hell warrior class. Killed the final boss with ease, went back up to level 1, and …couldn’t leave. I’d forgotten to go grab the dumb amulet and didn’t even notice I wasn’t healing on the boss stages on the way back up.

Went all the way back down, grabbed the amulet, started going back up again but at that point I was running low on food. Then due to a quick series of absolute bs and bad luck I got killed. Ruined a fantastic run that I thought was in the bag.

• Butt Pirate@reddthat.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 day ago

Oh nooooooo! Wow that sucks but its really impressive you crawled that entire dungeon three times (down up down).

I don’t bother with the challenge ascent, since I don’t want to ruin a win. I want to do it someday but for now I just end the game with the amulet.

• ColeSloth
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 hours ago

I gotta go all the way! Lol. So far I’m 2/48 now. Beat with the mage first, then warrior just today. Next up will be Rogue. After I win with every hero it’s going to be time to retire and play other games again. I think the last three hero wins will go a lot faster than the first two. I have a great grasp of the game, now.

• Butt Pirate@reddthat.com
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 hours ago

Hah respect. Please update me when you finish!

I’ve beaten it with the four base classes but not the dualist, and not since the “ascent” feature was added. Its a good timewaster. Though, I wish I used alchemy and spells more…