• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

Battery life. Forced ecosystem. Lack of options. Apple watches suck. I love my s pen. I can watch YouTube for free with no ads. The refusal to integrate the messaging system compatibility. How they refused to move to usb-c until they were literally forced to by Europe. Spearheading the removal of audio Jack’s and micro USB slots.

I dislike Apple as a company. I’m still miffed that Bill Gates bailed Apple out and saved them from bankruptcy in the 1990’s. All he asked was that they would be more charitable if they got back on their feet. They obviously did that, but then proceeded to continue being one of the least charitable companies in the fortune 100.

Then there was the crap with forcing an update to underclock their iPhones in order to hide hardware issues causing reboots from their still under warranty batteries failing to provide enough voltage to supply the apu. Or the time when they told customers they were holding their phones wrong when they designed the antennas in a way that would kill their reception if part of your hand was on the side of the phone.

• dingus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      25 days ago

All of that I feel you on these points, but it seems like the iPhone nowadays has better battery life than a lot of phones. Not all of them obviously, but a fair amount.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        25 days ago

That’s just it though. It’s may have a better battery than many phones, but there are still other options that handily beat iPhone if you want that feature.

• NaN@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      25 days ago

It worked out well for Microsoft since Apple dropped their lawsuit over QuickTime code that made it into Windows via an Intel contractor.

RCS is in iOS 18, but “integrate the messaging system compatibility” really means “use Google’s RCS”.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        25 days ago

I think you need to look up where rcs came from and why it was the adopted standard agreed to by most everyone, because Google had pretty much jack all to do with it.

• NaN@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          25 days ago

I think you need to look up how it is actually implemented in the wild today, because Google extended it and a very large number of people are using Google Jibe.