• Tartas1995
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

I am against violence while I have no illusion about the fact that it seems necessary because bad humans need to fuck up everything for good humans.

But I want to stay that this is not a call for violence or an expression of my support for it.

But why the fuck does everyone and their grandmother have guns in the us and these people are alive? Isn’t the point of the guns to protect the public from tyranny? I mean I don’t think it works but that is the reason no? How are tyrannical forces allowed to have openly political activity? You guys don’t have guns to fight for your “freedom🦅” it seems but to shoot your child when they sneak back into the house.

In my opinion, it is good that you guys don’t murder each other but like… What is the point of those guns if not fighting literal Nazis?

Drop the gun bs or actually fight for your freedom or be honest why you want guns, it is fucked up that you want to be shot by your toddler but you do you, i guess.

• comfy@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Even without guns involved, there are many regions with antifascist groups which come and give them a beating (see Patriot Front getting run out of Philadelphia). Collective violent resistance intimidates them. Non-violent tactics are essential, they come first and are more important overall, but violence makes them scare to come outside. Just look at the dissolution of the British Union of Fascists after the '43 Group threw bricks at them enough times for a big example (there are many smaller examples - especially since modern neo-nazis tend to recruit scrawny teens online who can’t handle getting beaten up).

• makyo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Just to add - there is a reason the right tries to demonize Antifa, because it works and they know it works.

• makyo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I feel it’s important to add here that the only thing these chuds understand is strength and power, and violence is the only thing that will counteract their influence. Maybe it doesn’t require physical violence right now and other forms of strength would frighten them off - counter protests seem to work well in Germany, not to mention full-on bans of their gatherings (they don’t have a similar 1A of course…).

At some point however I fear that physical violence is the only solution with them. Unfortunately, fascism evolved to chink away at all the weak spots in the liberal democrat’s armor and use the things we love against us. They don’t care about truth, they don’t care about consistency, etc. They can’t be beat on the debate stage because they don’t care about words. All they care about is strength because they’re 99% insecure lemming cowards and we have to use it against them.

• jpreston2005@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

The thing about this is, these assholes abuse the same legal loopholes that the hate group west boro baptist church uses, as well as everyone who protests at pride parades, outside abortion centers, and the like. They are there to incite you to violence, and then they sue you. Because they are technically free to offend. Abusers like them use the justice system to abuse good people standing up to intolerance and hate, and it can ruin someones life, having to go through a protracted legal battle, going to prison, and facing fines. Having “assault” on your record will definitely provide you with difficulty finding employment, that’s for sure.

• ObliviousEnlightenment@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

The liberals who own guns are waiting for them to make everything official and obvious, for sonething that starts a civil war. They dont wanna just get jailed for murder. They do not understand the concept of illiberalism, or are too afraid to prevent it

• Bonskreeskreeskree@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

This is the shittiest violence stroking take Ive seen since the incident. You’re either an idiot or a false actor stroking the flame. Guns aren’t here so we can indiscriminately shoot dumb fucking nazis on the street. They’re here so if those nazis show up at your door to drag you and your families out, that they can be dealt with. Knowing that people have them is a deterrent from these cucks even showing up at your house.

• Tartas1995
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Oh so the path of action is, you have guns to defend your home while they try to overtake your government and society, then when they are in power and they march into the homes of the minorities, society wishes the minorities good luck with their weapons. Good to know. Foolproof. Thanks for telling me.

Also totally not missing my actual point.

• Olgratin_Magmatoe@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

They’re here so if those nazis show up at your door to drag you and your families out, that they can be dealt with

If things have gotten that bad, it is already too late. By then you will be outnumbered 10 to 1 as they surround your house. It’s what the SS did, it’s what the neo nazis will do.

You’re dead if you wait that long.