cyberpunk.gay is now open for registrations!!!

WHO ARE WE? we’re a scrappy little fresh-faced underdog instance of sharkey (a misskey fork). we have but one humbly stated mission: to put the PUNK back into cyberpunk on the fediverse

WHO AM I? i’m vanta. trans enby girl polyam lesbian gender terrorist, the fediverse’s favorite pirate radio DJ, DIY clothing auteur, and rogue wordsmith extraordinaire. i’ve been posting on fedi heavily since 2017

THREADS? not only is this instance a fedipact instance that has threads.net blocked, but… i’m the one who made the whole pact to begin with lmao

• Fisch
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Why the downvotes?

• Meldrik@lemmy.wtf
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

I didn’t understand anything about what you wrote about yourself, but sounds cool.

Welcome to the Fediverse 😄

• FozzyOsbourne@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

trans enby girl polyam lesbian gender terrorist

Can you explain to us old farts what this actually means? Like I thought I knew what all the individual words mean but aren’t non-binary and girl mutually exclusive? And isn’t trans implied by enby anyway?

I’d guess the shitty comments are from people dismissing this as a pile of buzzwords, hopefully if they can understand better then they’ll be less shitty :)

• (⬤ᴥ⬤)@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 month ago

imma assume you posted this in good faith (in which case you should read my other comment) and explain as best as i can:

non binary and girl aren’t mutually exclusive because, among other reasons, non binary is a very large umbrella term (i’m he/they for example, so i could be described as an ‘enby guy’).

trans and enby are two distinct groups:
            you can be trans, you can be enby, and you can be both.
            for example i don’t consider myself trans because i don’t want a different gender than the one i have, i just wanted to do it differently.

as a rule of thumb this whole gender stuff is so loosely defined that it’s best to just accept that there will be things you don’t get and move on.
            the important part isn’t understanding someone, it’s not treating them like shit when you don’t

• (⬤ᴥ⬤)@lemmy.blahaj.zone
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                1 month ago

the dickishness is likely due to that last paragraph:

I’d guess the shitty comments are from people dismissing this as a pile of buzzwords, hopefully if they can understand better then they’ll be less shitty :)

this makes it seem like the fault for the chuds behavior relies on op for not being clear enough with their labels, as opposed to with the chuds deciding that someone’s chosen self descriptors are somehow incorrect.

this is not helped by how bigots excuse their behavior as just wanting a Fair and Rational Discussion™, ignoring that what they want to “discuss” about is the validity of someone’s whole existence.

• unconfirmedsourcesDOTgov@lemmy.sdf.org
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 month ago

It certainly isn’t a paid role, but in my experience those who seek to marginalize often do so with a whole lot of ignorance involved.

You continue to be under no obligation to help educate the blind, but if you knew going into this that some people would have comments and questions about the impressive number of labels you’ve applied to yourself, it just feels like you’re setting yourself up to get mad on the internet at this point. Otherwise why bother including them in your post at all?

• mecfs@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  1 month ago

But “non-binary girl” was not included in your description. But I guess one could have searched the other words.

Anyways, new instance sound cool. Hope it goes well. Also, fuck threads, amen.