I first learned of Street-Complete here and I really like it.

It’s satisfying to walk around, complete little tasks, and get prizes, scratching a similar itch to Pokemon Go.

Stuck waiting for someone? Add opening hours for a few local businesses.

Have a long walk ahead of you? See if you can add/check house addresses as fast as you can walk.

Want to walk off a few beers before heading home? Complete some tasks in the bar street.

Its a very constructive way to “be right” on the internet.

• stiephelando
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I tried it when someone posted about it a couple of weeks ago. It is fun, my son and I go for walks and I include him in the tasks. Unfortunately, we get a lot of road surface questions which are a bit boring.

• cosmoscoffee@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

You can also add “little” objects like benches, recycling containers or trees in your near environment to the map that come with their own sets of questions

• kent_eh@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

If a question type gets tedious you can disable that “quest” in the settings.

That improved my experience. I disabled the things that my city generally doesn’t have, and it made my questing much more enjoyable.

• gamermanh@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

If I disable the 3 types of quest I get in my area (road surface, lanes, power pole type) then I get basically no quests, period

I’ve taken to adding buildings that I’m surprised they didn’t already have on OSM and then filling in the quests that auto-populate with that, but its meh

• tmpod@lemmy.pt
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Have you looked at all the different layers? A while back they added more of those, with different types of quests that don’t appear normally.

• pmk@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Iirc, you can deselect road surfaces in the settings somewhere so the app doesn’t ask about it?