• Sentau
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

I don’t get why the article mentions this as some smart savvy business move. They are putting artificial limiters in place to squeeze money out of people. That is so anti-consumer.

• Zorque@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

What makes you think savvy business moves are supposed to be pro-consumer? They’re intended to make money, not provide a quality product.

• Sentau
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Yeah I get that. But why is a consumer focused magazine claiming that is a smart move. They are supposed to bat for the consumer not the business.

• Sentau
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Yeah I get that. But why is a consumer focused magazine claiming that is a smart move. They are supposed to bat for the consumer not the business.

• 1371113@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Now you know they’re not consumer focused. Just because someone says they’re something doesn’t mean that they are that thing. Watch what people and organisations do. Don’t listen to what they say. Best advice I ever got.

• postmateDumbass@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

At this point, society has given capitalism enough rope to hang itself, and it has done so so.

People refuse to see the rotting corpse it left, they will keep sending more rope to the address listed on the subscription until the credit card declines payment.