• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I do have a problem with Pelosi and her insider trading, yes. I think we should hold our representatives to a higher standard, even if they’re on our side.

• Rapidcreek@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Her husband makes millions by investing venture capital. She really doesn’t need Insider trading. But, spread the nonsense, I really don’t care.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

You realize that his win/loss record is better than Buffet’s right? He only makes millions because of the hit tips and insider trading coming from her role in congress.

• Rapidcreek@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

Hell you say. The first trillion dollar business.will emerge from silicon Valley within the next few years. There are a lot of people there that take higher risk to get higher reward than Buffet.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

That’s not what I said.

I said that his win/loss ratio was higher. Given the nature of the investments pelosi makes, you’d expect there to be one moonshot that pays for all the other losing investments and maybe a few more that were weakly profitable.

His win/loss ratio outperforms Buffet, which suggests he has inside information that’s better than Buffets. (Or did you think buffet was some kind of genius? Neither are. They just have better information than the average investor.)

• Rapidcreek@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 month ago

Higher risk/higher reward. Paul Pelosi takes higher risks. How is that so hard understand? He puts money into a company like Apple BEFORE it goes public. High risk. Then they go public and he makes millions. Then Buffet buys stock in Apple. They make more money. Buffet has just taken lower risk for lower profit. Pelosi doesn’t need inside information, just guts to make the bet. That’s what venture capital is.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 month ago

again! That’s.not. What. I’m. Saying.

I’m saying he has a significantly higher win-ratio. Not total profits. Win. As in, most of his investments- which are extremely risky investments- are actually profitable.

The risk-to-reward balance isn’t, hasn’t, been any part of my comments.

It’s that for every trade he makes, those trades are almost always profitable. Which is exactly opposite of what you would expect from the investment strategies he uses. In fact, you would expect that the vast majority of his trades end as complete losses.

Because of the high risk/high reward that you seem so fond of waiving about like it’s some magic gotcha.

its almost like he knows before hand which ventures are going to be profitable. (gee I wonder how that could possibly be.)