Unfortunately I cannot find it anywhere online. It doesn’t help that there is no brand name on it ;)

EDIT: The product is http://milebv.eu/index.php/products/product/25 (thanks to @rbn@sopuli.xyz for finding it!)

I used to buy this at a local vegan store (veganz at Warschauerstr in Berlin), but that store closed a while ago.

It was the most amazing mock duck I’ve had, but now I can’t find it anywhere else. All I have is this picture (I don’t even remember why I took it, probably to tell someone how amazing it is).

As far as I recall the product was made in Taiwan, not sure if that helps.

Of course, any other suggestions for tasty mock duck are welcome too, since I just love this stuff 😋

• nilclassOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

Based on the pictures I’d expect the consistency to be rather soft and a bit like gummy.

that’s correct. The outer crust is a bit harder than the center, and the center consists of layers, which come apart easily when cutting. Not sure how to recreate those…

Thanks for the other tips, I’ll try adding starch next time I experiment with saitan. Also haven’t tried to microwave it yet, usually I steam it or bake it.