• ClassifiedPancake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

Put everything I need to remember in calendar, reminders or just set a timer. Since I started doing that consistently I never forget anything.

Deal with things immediately if possible or schedule it. That also means cleaning the kitchen after I’m done eating or even while cooking.

Never close the door without me seeing the keys in my hands with my own two eyes. Even if I’m 100% sure they are in my pockets, I will pull them out again. I have locked myself out two times already, won’t let it happen again.

• corsicanguppy@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      21 days ago

I got in the habit of having my hand on my key when I close my door as well. If I’m at an office with a prox badge, I’ll touch it once as a habit. It’s saved my bacon more than once as I realized I was about to go to the loo (which required a badge) while my badge was back at my desk behind this door I’m about to close (which needs a badge). Bonus for the times when my phone’s not with me.

Furthering that OCD, I also try to have my phone my in hand when I leave the desk. I sustained a back injury a year ago and I’m still getting it addressed; if I have a relapse I can’t go get my phone but must call out from the floor and wait for help. It’s less embarrassing if that’s with a phone.