• unexposedhazard
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    13 days ago

If thats true then everyone should probably start leaving .world. If they cant even behave themselves with something as simple as veganism, then you cant trust them to not powertrip with actually controversial political issues.

• pjwestin@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      13 days ago

Maybe, but this seems like a problem that’s bigger than a single instance. A few months back someone came with some pretty good receipts showing .ml admins going after people for having some very fair and moderate criticisms of China. Seems like most instances either have power tripping mods or are too small to have much activity.

• can@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        13 days ago

The issues with dot ml and dot world are hardly comparable. I’ve had my concerns with some of the world admin actions (flip-flopping, lack of communication) but I do believe they are trying in good faith. I’m still happy to be registered and to make my communities elsewhere but for now I don’t see them as being nearly as egregious as ml.

• alcoholicorn@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      13 days ago

you cant trust them to not powertrip with actually controversial political issues.

I mean they “preemptively defederated hexbear as a last resort” for fear they might discuss politics, so that ship has sailed.