Why use phone when PC best?

• Creat
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 hours ago

What are you people doing to your phones? Since smartphones started being a thing I haven’t cracked a single screen, and yes I do drop them. Not daily, but it happens. Not onto concrete from the 4th floor either.

Or: Maybe spend more than 100$ on a phone and it’ll actually be fine, cause it isn’t shit?

• NigelFrobisher@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

I’ve been barebacking an iPhone XS since launch and it’s been pretty resilient, tanking a few solid drops. The Batman iPhone 5 was the absolute nadir for every drop causing visible damage.

• DNOS@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 hours ago

My mother threw my phone out the window of the third floor once and a car drove over it … I could see all the screen but it was like split horizontally from a green and a red filter the touch worked only on the bottom half so I used to split screen with a useless app just so that the whole interested app stayed in the working area …I used the phone like that for a couple of months till i caught a bad glass splinter still have it in my finger today … 8 years later … I have more stories if you like …

• Baguette@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 hours ago

How do you know you still have the glass in your finger? Does it hurt still? Or do you just feel it

• DNOS@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 hours ago

It’s on the tip of the finger so it doesn’t get pushed often and you have to get a specific angle to feal it sting a bit… Never properly found it, being glass it’s so hard to see and those shard are so tiny (something like windscreens with chunks and super small shards… ) yeah never spoke about that either… I feared taking “a beat” from my mother shes kinda old school 😅

• Senseless@feddit.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

I’ve Only ever cracked one screen and it wasn’t by dropping it but by having the phone in my pocket with the screen pointing away from me while I used my hip to push a cart at work. It was only a very small hairline crack but the screen and touch stopped working.