• @tias
    link
    English
    381 year ago

They specifically address this in the article and say it isn’t true.

On another topic, there are rumors circulating that we are fascists or supported genocide. These claims are completely false, and like most viral twitter threads, are coming from a single Mastodon user on a personal vendetta who didn’t provide any sources. Such slander doesn’t deserve any response and is best left ignored.

• Enantiophobe
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Here is Dessalines denying that any genocide is taking place: https://lemmy.ml/comment/471382

They can say “we don’t support genocide” all day long, but denying that any genocide is taking place and actively trying to persuade others that no genocide is happening isn’t any better.

I argue that it unintentionally supports a genocide since they’re using a platform to (inadvertently) hide the genocide from the public by convincing others that nothing of the sort is happening.

• @tias
        link
        31 year ago

I for one do definitely believe that there is a genocide happening and I’m appalled that we can’t do more about it. But people trust in different sources of information. Not believing that a genocide is happening is not the same as actually endorsing genocide.

• Enantiophobe
          link
          fedilink
          61 year ago

True. But Dessalines literally says that he agrees with people who disagree that a genocide is taking place. That is a denial. We can shuffle syntax around all day long.