• marcOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Thanks for the clarification. Could get complicated, especially with smaller remote instances…

• Wander@yiffit.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The good thing is that it can be automated. On the flip side it works that way to reduce the load. Makes no sense in getting all comments if no one is going to read them. But I agree that once a user clicks on a thread, comments need to be fetched from the remote server.

• marcOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Hm, I have to ask again: initially thought I had to follow a user on the remote instance, similar to mastodon. But is that possible in Lemmy? See it only in kbin. Because the remote community in question I have subscribed to before posting.

• Wander@yiffit.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

No. You can only follow communities but that is enough.

Please check something. Make sure your community is set AT LEAST to both English and Undetermined languages.

In your user settings make sure you have selected at least English and Undetermined.

This could be what’s happening and why you can’t see the comment.

• marcOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Ok, got it. In this case it was something else: on my local instance it showed that I subscribed to the community, but on the community page itself it was stuck in status pending. Subscribed again now, hopefully this solves the problem.

• Wander@yiffit.net
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Oh, I see. That makes sense. That would explain why your instance didn’t receive the comments.