• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

to me it’s just raw veggies but without the satisfying textures, and a tendency to smell like farts if it’s in the brassica family. Exceptions being potato and any type of bean/pea.

Now if you steam/boil veggies and then fry them, that’s almost always a huge improvement over raw. I’m a slut for the maillard reaction.

• spacesweedkid27 @lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m a slut for the maillard reaction

This is definitely something I will quote in my day-to-day life from now on.

I kinda don’t think that brassica veggies boiled smell like farts, but I think that vegetal does have a tendency for that if the quality just sucks.

• money_loo@1337lemmy.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

And maybe you’re like me and a super taster, so some of these things have more bitter flavors than other people can detect.

Lots of people thought kids were just picky, but that actually meant they could taste things you couldn’t!

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Something like that, many foods are way too bitter for me and i have yet to find a cup of coffee that doesn’t make me stare at people who drink it in abject horror because it tastes like poison.