• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Why do you need to ask if you’re sure? When I worked retail the quicker I got you what you wanted the quicker you would leave me alone so why wouldn’t I be sure? It’s not like I would pretend to check.

• Rentlar@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

If I asked if you had X and you immediately replied No… I would ask to be sure. If you did any token move, pretend or otherwise to check if you have it then I’m fine with it.

• dependencyinjection
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Positive intent my friend. I always assume people are doing the right thing and being honest until proven otherwise.

If you asked me and I immediately said no, it’s very likely I’ve already been asked numerous time for the same product.

• KevonLooney@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Here’s the thing: you might know the answer immediately because you’re an experienced worker but not everyone is trained. Companies spend $0 on training now and customers don’t know who’s the real person to ask.

I don’t ask something rude like “are you sure?”, I say “oh I thought they were on aisle 3?” or something. Then you can see the person really knows where something is.

• dependencyinjection
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

As I told the other person. Positive intent.

If I don’t know the answer I’ll find the answer out for you.