On lemmy.world I posted a comment on how liberals use ‘tankie’ as an invective to shut down dialogue and received tons of hateful replies. I tried to respond in a rational way to each. Someone’s said ‘get educated’ I responded ‘Im reading Norman Finkelstein’s I’ll burn that bridge when I get there’ and tried to keep it civil.

They deleted every comment I made and banned me. Proving my point, they just want to shut down dialogue. Freedom of speech doesn’t existing in those ‘totalitarian’ countries right? But in our ‘enlightened’ western countries we just delete you.

• SomeLemmyUser
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Ahaha it gets better every comment. -(Wrong) Assumtions about my political believes -ranting about stuff I day don’t even say (classical strawman)

This is a joke that just keeps on giving :D

• m532@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s in the title. It’s the new woke.

Try reading what thread you’re in first.

Also: Would you send tanks into hungary?

• SomeLemmyUser
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, but I didn’t say anywhere that I agree with the OPs on the other server.

I think the word tankie gets used inflationary by centrists that don’t know what it means, but that’s not what u want to think. You want to put me in a box in your heads ;)

• IntoDaLagoon@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

You want to put me in a box in your heads ;)

Hey Mr. Actually Laughing, that’s what you came in here to do. Don’t want to fit in the box? Don’t be a square

• SomeLemmyUser
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

Oh I don’t do, and really don’t need to prove that to some online bible stalinists. But its funny what your dogma glasses let you think is a square ^^

• m532@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

“Noooo I am totally not a liberal! I am an anarcho-bidenist-gonzaloite with juan guaido characteristics”

-liberals wanting to not be called liberals

• SomeLemmyUser
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

Watch out sarcasm:

If you not invade other countries your a Nazi AND a lib

-tankie with god complex

//your level of argumentation

• m532@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

That’s what a liberal would say.

A liberal would also dodge all questions that make imperialists uncomfortable, like whether they would send tanks into hungary.

• SomeLemmyUser
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 year ago

And it just goes on. But I do dodge the questions, I’ll give you that. I’ll even tell you why: I came here to have interesting discussions on how to create a better society. Communists are in the defense and neoliberalism is omnipresent, connecting and organising are more important then ever, part of connecting is sharing experiences with others online. But after I was in this community for 10 min. I realized, that I won’t get that here. Majority of people here is just trying to vilanise everyone who remotely challenges their believes, put them in a box and then being proud they stand up against someone bad. So recently I’m just doing it for the fun and giggles (and therefore not putting effort in answering difficult questions which are actually complicated). The way people really think they are making a point when in reality they just show their own superiority complex isquite entertaining after all.

• m532@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

But the question about sending tanks is important because with this we could weed out nazi enablers.

• SomeLemmyUser
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                1 year ago

Sure, because there is only black and white. Either you choose violence in every scenario or u are Nazi lover.

Flawless logic.

• m532@lemmygrad.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  1 year ago

So this means you would not send the tanks?

The nazis will now put all non-nazis in hungary into concentration camps.

Nazi enabler.

Edit: You could have avoided most of the violence (that the nazis will inflict on innocent people now) by sending the tanks.

• SomeLemmyUser
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    1 year ago

I said there are other options. You think invading countries or doing nothing are only two options?

• SomeLemmyUser
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    1 year ago

To add a valuable point: i would not send tanks, as i dont have any. Itas a pitty, but they are quite expensive. Like most working class members I can’t afford one. Damm capitalists keep raising taxes and prices