Inspired by tools like Grafana that I just discovered, what other cool open source tooling do you use?

• s1nistr4@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

LunarVim is great but I really think its better to make your own config and spend the initial investment of getting that set up.

You’ll understand the editor better and because of that can configure it to exactly how you want, and integrate things you regularly use into it (such as plugin features and bash functions) and also learn some Lua along the way

• Gyoza Power
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Always tried to try neovim but felt kinda overwhelmed since I was always a jetbrains/vscode kind of guy. Never knew there were pre-configured setups. I’ll give this one a try, thanks!

Edit: and I’ve just seen it supports Vue, fucking great

• state_electrician
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Honestly, you are better off by sticking with Jetbrains/Code and using their vim keybindings. If you really enjoy spending hours configuring vim to do what the others do out of the box, then go for it. Otherwise just use vim keybindings everywhere.

• onlinepersona@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I’ve been trying it but the LSP refuses to work. It’s supposed to be work out of the box, but it just doesn’t. It’s better than vim, but still distant from any IDE I’ve used. Feels like going back to the dark ages (vim is babylonian times and nano is stone age).