• png
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

In fairness, when is the last time youve taken a shit in a post apocalyptic videogame? Although I still think its cool if things like this are considered.

• Stanwich@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Fuck. They need to do this. Bladder meter . When it gets full you start losing health. But you have to let your guard down to shit or piss and it takes at least 30s.

• Karyoplasma
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Fun fact: the time it takes to empty the bladder is consistent across all mammals. It takes, on average, 20-25 seconds. Species with larger bladders have a higher urine throughput to compensate for volume.

• BigBananaDealer@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

that would get so old lol. i would just be bored having to wait to take a shit when i already take enough during the day

• dustyData@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

Survivor games were dubbed “babysitting bars simulators” at one point when hunger, thirst, sleep and all other sorts of survivor meters were being added to all games because reasons. Unless they have some interesting ludo narrative dynamic they get annoying almost immediately. There’s a reason they don’t show up in recent games as often anymore.

• Riven@lemmy.dbzer0.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

The hunger bar in ark sucks. Its a multi point issue I think. The time cycle is made super quick so that does mean you have to drink and eat more but also it takes 10 steaks to fill that bar and you have to do it at least 3 times a day. It’s ridiculous.

• BigBananaDealer@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

i really liked survival in fallout 4, mostly because its actually super hard at the start, any fire fight could mean death, you gotta play like you are really there for real

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldM
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 months ago

Sort of reminds me of when they added laying water pipes and adding pumping stations and water towers to SimCity 2000. It was just an added grind which made it less fun.

• pinkdrunkenelephants@lemmy.cafe
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              8 months ago

The most vital part of city infrastructure in a city building sim is boring to you? 🤔 Why play the game then? Or do you think it’s all skyscrapers and disasters?

• EmoDuck@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Keep in mind that pretty much ever post apocalyps character would have horrible diarrhea.

Just imagine every sneaking mission in Last of Us, Joel trying his best not to unleash a dirty bomb. Or the courier confronting Lanius atop Hoover Dam, chocolate water running down both their legs.

• philpo@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

In SCUM you definitely have to crap and pee regularly and absolutely can get diarrhoea.

I died more than once from untimely diarrhoea.

• Karyoplasma
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

If things like this would be considered, the outcry would be huge because female characters have this disadvantage…