I have been taking shrooms for over a decade now and I think I’m finally out of movies to watch, so I was hoping to crowd source some recommendations here and maybe even throw together a film list for fellow Lemmy psychonauts.

I tend to focus on comedies - I’ve seen all Mel Brooks films (except Silent Movie), Monty Python, all things MST3K/Elvira/Svenghoulie. The classics like Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Dazed & Confused, as well as, “good” B movies/flops like Tank Girl.

That being said, I’ve seen a ton of cerebral films too, along the lines of Waking Life for example.

All I can think of to watch right now is Rango, History of the world part 2 and Freakazoid season 2…these are mostly choices out of desperation at this point, ha (except Rango). Maybe Animaniacs (new & old)? Cloud Atlas?

So, if you have any obscure comedy recommendations, cerebral films, documentaries, let em rip! (To paraphrase Leslie Nielsen). I’ll compile a master list here after a month (?) of postings.

Thanks!

• emeralddawn45
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

It depends on your preferences I guess, but I would consider all of those good for when smoking weed but not great for shrooms. When on mushrooms I prefer animated or fantasy movies, nothing thats going to remind me of modern society. Recently we watched Pikachu detective and that was good, mario movie was great. Luca was really good and fun.

Midnight gospel is a fucking amazing show somewhat reminiscent of waking life, it takes a sort of podcast form where the main character travels between different worlds/dimensions and has philosophical conversations with the beings he encounters, with surreal and absurd visuals and accompanying situations.

Oh also dungeons and dragons was incredible and exciting on mushrooms.

• ChicoSuave@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I had a slate of other choices but went with comedy movies and movies that made me laugh at parts because OP asked for funny.

• emeralddawn45
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Yeah it seems like it was just the sort of thing OP wanted too, I just wanted to give a different perspective on it. I personally don’t find comedies all that funny on shrooms, to me it seems like everyone is overactive and being annoying usually, but I’m glad he got a good recommendation out of it :).