Health experts say axing plan to block sales of tobacco products to next generation will cost thousands of lives

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I doubt it. I think for most smokers, one cigarette does them for a while. I don’t see anyone stopping at half a cigarette, so I’d guess it would only get smokers used to taking more nicotine in at a time.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Like I said. Mainly because if someone lights up, they’ll smoke the whole cigarette. Not half. But if they didn’t get enough nicotine from one, instead of not smoking again for a couple hours, they may smoke again after just 45 minutes or so. Or even start chain smoking.

• ColeSloth
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

Smoking more IS the adjustment. Take some nicotine away, they’ll crave more nicotine.

• mindbleach@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

Or they’ll adjust to how much is in what they’re used to smoking. Their bodies will adjust. Because cravings are driven by exposure.

• ColeSloth
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                7 months ago

And they’ll smoke more in order to get the exposure they’re used to.

• ColeSloth
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    7 months ago

You don’t really know how an addiction works, do you? Nevermind that being a question for you to answer. I suppose I already know you don’t.