• @agent_flounder@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    35 months ago

It’s pretty nuts what they’re asking for meat. I don’t do the major shopping in the family but last time I went to get some ground beef… holy sweet baby cheez wiz. I could swear it the price had doubled since the last time I looked (which was probably pre covid).

There are so many great vegetarian recipes out there. Like, I mean, original things that were designed without meat in mind from the start not fake meat stuff like those vegetarian ribs I made one time. shudders

• Aniki 🌱🌿
      link
      fedilink
      English
      05 months ago

The prices for beyond/impossible are 1:1 with real ground beef at my local grocerywhore.

The choice is so easy.

• @ThugJesus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        15 months ago

I wish those worked for me. It’s an autistic texture thing for me, so anytime I try substitutes I nearly gag.

• Aniki 🌱🌿
          link
          fedilink
          English
          25 months ago

I think as something like a burger it’s not that great but stuff like shepherds pie or meatballs where I’m adding other ingredients and seasoning it’s indistinguishable. I even fooled my whole family with some homemade beyond meatballs.

Now I kinda wanna try a hamburger lasagna.

• “the prices are 1:1 with real ground beef”

Okay, does it provide the same nutrients at the same amount of higher? Even then you’re comparing to ground beef, which is too expensive on its own already

I’ll stick to my vegetarian diet