• Rusty Shackleford
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    9 hours ago

Extreme authoritarian “leftists”, A.K.A. “tankies” (i.e., apologists for Lenin, Stalin, Mao, the CCP, the DPRK, Fidel Castro, Che Guevara, Xi Jingping, etc.), are threats to a free, egalitarian, and open society, are just as violently authoritarian as their religious, corporatist, and fascist competitors, and should be treated with the contempt, distrust, and ridicule they deserve.

They claim to speak and fight for the proletariat, promising a new utopia, never before seen, once their revolution executes the last “class-traitor”. In practice, once they’re finished with “seizing the means of production”, they’ll never relinquish control and become the new ruling class.

They’ll assume the mantle of an enlightened elite post-revolutionary administration to guide the proletariat to their promised utopia of “each according to their ability, to each according to their need”. In practice, "the party leadership needs the most, because they’re obviously the most able” in reorganizing the economic and political structure of society. The utopia of the “dictatorship of the proletariat” will never exist, only the dictatorship of the “revolutionary party”. Repression and execution await those who question their claims and decisions. These supposed champions of labor are really harbingers of death - of the mind and the body.

Your liberty and self-determination are assailed by many threats: the religious, the nihilists, the corporatists, the fascists, and these alleged “collectivists”. They all claim to be the true authoritative “voice of the people”. Beware of their cults. Understand what they really are; power over everything and everyone, forever, is what they seek. They want you either as a true believer (a willing pawn) or dead, just like all of the other supposedly benevolent dictators who promised utopias throughout history.

They’re akin to the pigs in Orwell’s Animal Farm, the loudest voices in the revolution, usurpers of a righteous cause, but a bit “more equal” than everyone else after the farmer is done away with. Fortunately, the pigs, like the farmer, got their comeuppance in the end of the story. Make these pigs squeal.

• muse
    link
    fedilink
    1915 months ago

That this meme is low effort content and it’s spamming everywhere

• @anothermember@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          125 months ago

I guess I just unsubscribe from communities where there are a lot of low-effort memes?

But seeing it here is fine, it’s started some discussion.

• @cryptixOP
            link
            15 months ago

The real reason I posted it. There’s a decline in user engagement and posts after the peak some months ago (reddit API) .

• idunnololz
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Aren’t ask lemmy posts “low effort” in general as well in the sense that it’s just a question? My point isn’t that ask lemmy is bad, my point is just because it’s low effort doesn’t mean it’s bad.

• originalucifer
    link
    fedilink
    1365 months ago

health insurance != healthcare

health insurance profits only exist at the expense of human suffering.

but lets make sure everyone has insurance but not care

• @SuperSpruce@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    1305 months ago

Copyright is far too long and should only last at most 20 years.

Actually, George Washington would agree with me if he was still alive. He and the other founding fathers created the notion of copyright, which was to last 14 years. Then big corporations changed the laws in their favor.

• @Sanyanov@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    5 months ago

People are crazy when they promote closed-source AI (okay, okay, generative model) projects like ChatGPT, Bard etc.

This is literally one of the most important technologies of the future, and after all the times technology companies screwed them (us) up big time and monopolized the Internet, they go into the same trap again and again.

First they surrendered the free Internet, now they surrender the new frontiers.

Wake up, people. Go HuggingFace, advocate for free AI, and ideally - for a GPL one. We cannot afford for this part of our future to be taken away from us.

• Xariphon
    link
    fedilink
    1085 months ago

Young people are people and deserving of rights, including but not limited to the vote. There is no stupid thing a young person could do with their vote that old people don’t already do and we don’t require them not to in order to keep their vote.

• Blue and Orange
    link
    fedilink
    915 months ago

Disruptive protest, no matter how annoying, is valid and should be protected under law. When the government moves to ban protest and dissent, they’ve crossed the line into authoritarianism.

The right to protest is a fundamental of democracy, and we should not accept any erosion of the fundamentals of democracy.

• @rwhitisissle@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    755 months ago

Pitbulls are not more genetically predisposed towards biting or mauling than other breeds and the supposed “statistical data” on the subject is based around a confluence of inaccurate metrics caused by 1) people not being very good at accurately identifying dog breeds, 2) existing groups that hate pitbulls pushing bad statistics for political purposes, and 3) a self-fulfilling prophecy of pitbulls having a bad reputation and actively being sought out by people who want vicious dogs and who will treat their dogs in such a way as to encourage that behavior. And I say all of this as someone who does not own a pitbull and probably never will.

• 🐑🇸 🇭 🇪 🇪 🇵 🇱 🇪🐑
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    5 months ago

People overlook vegetarianism and semi-vegetarian lifestyles as an option too much and it is not helpful that real life examples of vegetarian cultures, get co-opted by Vegans purists as “Vegan cultures” in easily disproven claims- thus hurting the whole movement

• @Shanedino@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    715 months ago

Religions are mostly just popularized conspiracy theories. Believing in God is about as realistic as believing the world is flat.

link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    5 months ago

That pedos shouldn’t be subject to extra-legal punishments. Think being lynched and shit. I also don’t think they should be getting their own special cases in the law beyond those with a clear purpose of preventing reoffending.

Don’t get me wrong, I think they are pure scum.

But things we allow on the basis of the accused being a pedo or terrorist have a habit of spilling over and affecting the general population. A lot of bad laws have made it onto books by blaming these two groups, for example.