link
    fedilink
    1905 months ago

That this meme is low effort content and it’s spamming everywhere

• @anothermember@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          125 months ago

I guess I just unsubscribe from communities where there are a lot of low-effort memes?

But seeing it here is fine, it’s started some discussion.

• @cryptixOP
            link
            15 months ago

The real reason I posted it. There’s a decline in user engagement and posts after the peak some months ago (reddit API) .

• idunnololz
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Aren’t ask lemmy posts “low effort” in general as well in the sense that it’s just a question? My point isn’t that ask lemmy is bad, my point is just because it’s low effort doesn’t mean it’s bad.

• originalucifer
    link
    fedilink
    1355 months ago

health insurance != healthcare

health insurance profits only exist at the expense of human suffering.

but lets make sure everyone has insurance but not care

• @SuperSpruce@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    1305 months ago

Copyright is far too long and should only last at most 20 years.

Actually, George Washington would agree with me if he was still alive. He and the other founding fathers created the notion of copyright, which was to last 14 years. Then big corporations changed the laws in their favor.

• Xariphon
    link
    fedilink
    1085 months ago

Young people are people and deserving of rights, including but not limited to the vote. There is no stupid thing a young person could do with their vote that old people don’t already do and we don’t require them not to in order to keep their vote.

• @Sanyanov@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    5 months ago

People are crazy when they promote closed-source AI (okay, okay, generative model) projects like ChatGPT, Bard etc.

This is literally one of the most important technologies of the future, and after all the times technology companies screwed them (us) up big time and monopolized the Internet, they go into the same trap again and again.

First they surrendered the free Internet, now they surrender the new frontiers.

Wake up, people. Go HuggingFace, advocate for free AI, and ideally - for a GPL one. We cannot afford for this part of our future to be taken away from us.

• Blue and Orange
    link
    fedilink
    915 months ago

Disruptive protest, no matter how annoying, is valid and should be protected under law. When the government moves to ban protest and dissent, they’ve crossed the line into authoritarianism.

The right to protest is a fundamental of democracy, and we should not accept any erosion of the fundamentals of democracy.

• @rwhitisissle@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    755 months ago

Pitbulls are not more genetically predisposed towards biting or mauling than other breeds and the supposed “statistical data” on the subject is based around a confluence of inaccurate metrics caused by 1) people not being very good at accurately identifying dog breeds, 2) existing groups that hate pitbulls pushing bad statistics for political purposes, and 3) a self-fulfilling prophecy of pitbulls having a bad reputation and actively being sought out by people who want vicious dogs and who will treat their dogs in such a way as to encourage that behavior. And I say all of this as someone who does not own a pitbull and probably never will.

• 🐑🇸 🇭 🇪 🇪 🇵 🇱 🇪🐑
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    5 months ago

People overlook vegetarianism and semi-vegetarian lifestyles as an option too much and it is not helpful that real life examples of vegetarian cultures, get co-opted by Vegans purists as “Vegan cultures” in easily disproven claims- thus hurting the whole movement

• @Shanedino@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    715 months ago

Religions are mostly just popularized conspiracy theories. Believing in God is about as realistic as believing the world is flat.

link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    5 months ago

That pedos shouldn’t be subject to extra-legal punishments. Think being lynched and shit. I also don’t think they should be getting their own special cases in the law beyond those with a clear purpose of preventing reoffending.

Don’t get me wrong, I think they are pure scum.

But things we allow on the basis of the accused being a pedo or terrorist have a habit of spilling over and affecting the general population. A lot of bad laws have made it onto books by blaming these two groups, for example.

• eightpix
    link
    fedilink
    555 months ago

Lilo and Stitch is the best Disney movie.

Many, many spoilers below. But, seriously, this movie is 21 years old. Get over yourselves.

Check it: a young girl adopts an illegal alien (killing machine from deep space) and protects him from the U.S. (and galactic) government (Military-Industrial complexes), while keeping her incredibly depressed sister (slices both ways) from giving up completely as they keep their Indigenous Hawaiian family together in their co-opted homeland. One sister works a series of dead-end tourism jobs; the other has anger issues. The hate each other and love each other fiercely, though they are about 12 years apart in age.

Oh, yeah, and their parents are dead.

Meanwhile, the alien is a political refugee and freedom fighter fleeing from his own people who want him dead for —get this— existing. A lab-grown, indestructible terrorist, he seeks asylum on an island — but he can’t swim.

He does learn to surf.

The only downside to this film is that Disney produced it. And Elvis.

“Ohana means family. Nobody gets left behind or forgotten.”