• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

I’m an exceptional nut job from the Midwest, myself. I’m immune to spicy shits and the Mexicans I know won’t eat my hot sauces and think I’m crazy. I’ve seen people on the internet eat hotter stuff than me and enjoy it, but I’ve never met someone in real life that does.

As near as I can figure I just like spicy flavors and I’m not as sensitive to capsaicin as normal people are, because it doesn’t cause me pain like it seems to do to anyone else. Southern Thai food tastes pretty good after I add a splash of mad dog 357 gold edition to it.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

Half bird, at least.

It comes with downsides too, though. If I cook for other people, I have to make it bland and add my hotness afterwards. That one took a while to figure out because as soon as I could taste any spiciness, everyone else would moan and complain.

Then I can’t just buy some $5 sauce from a grocery store if I want hot sauce. I have to order stuff that’s generally north of $20 a bottle. Also, a lot of grocery stores don’t keep habaneros year round.