I feel second-hand fear & paranoia on behalf of celebs whose home addresses are public worldwide knowledge.

Anyone can google their address and show up/take pictures/lurk/stalk,

But thankfully most people would never think to do such a thing nor have any inclination to do so,

but the fact that they COULD and sometimes HAVE, is very concerning 😟

I wish sensitive information like that could be kept proprietary and wasn’t so easy for anyone in the world to access.

You know as a matter of fact, it’s much more difficult to find the address of acquaintances we know in daily life. Which is a good thing.

How terrifying it must b for celebrities, so they have body guards and a security detail and full-fledged security system at their houses 😥 it’s exhausting thinking about it.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Yeah. That’s bs though. Being rich and worried about it while you can afford security and large amounts of property and several vehicles and exclusive clubs and restaurants etc is 100% different than having to deal with the same issues, but with $60k a year instead.

Famous celebrity is a trade off. You’re giving everyone here only the option of taking on the bad portion, while having none of the good portion.

Also remember, most celebrities CHOOSE their fame/lifestyle. They want rich Famous with those issues over $60k and no fame and fortune.

• LemmyKnowsBest@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Your giving everyone here only the option of taking on the bad portion, while having none of the good portion.

You’re examining this deeper than my original question. All I asked was: how would you feel if everyone in the world knew where your house is and where you sleep every night?

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

Slightly disturbed, I guess. It’s not very hard to find where a person lives if you want to, though.