Influencer Adin Ross said he had one last chance to record content with Andrew Tate. A law firm says the comment tipped off U.K. authorities.

I am shocked that Andrew Tater-Tot would attempt to elude justice. Shocked, I tell you.

How fitting that a racist moron who he considers a friend inadvertently gave him away. Awesome with a side of good riddance.

• Landslide7648
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I don’t get what’s happening here. What’s happening? Can you explain? Who are these people?

• foggy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

The dude running the poorly lit stream is adin Ross. Idk who he is really, some famous streamer. Someone else maybe chime in on who tf he is and how he got famous?

He got Playboy carti, a current famous rapper, to come on his stream. I guess he had to buy this rapper a Ferrari and offer him a bag of $2M cash to get him to agree to come on his stream. The link I provided is the rapper showing up on stream to take his bag of cash, say basically nothing, and then leave.

The guy running this stream is the same dumbo that idolizes Tate. Tate is a guy who capitalized on incels until he got arrested for trafficking humans. He’s out of jail for now. I guess he still isn’t fully off the hook, because I guess he was about to flee to Romania illegally. He told adin Ross in a private communication.

Same guy that got politely robbed by a famous rapper on stream very shortly thereafter accidentally foiled the plans of a wannabe fugitive in stream.

• Zitronensaft@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          3 months ago

The CEO of the streaming platform was participating in the stream, I think this visit was meant to be a publicity stunt to drum up more interest in the platform which is trying to become an alternative to Twitch. It’s investor money that was lost here, not the streamer’s money.

• towerful@programming.dev
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 months ago

A famous person turns up for 6 minutes to a poorly lit room, wearing dark clothes and a mask, says “music 2024” a lot, DOESNT say the platforms name (like he was asked), and fucks off.
              If i was paying a celeb a shitload of money for a publicity appearance, i would be wanting more value for my money.

If it was $2m, thats $350k per minute.
              Usher is $1m for an hour. 50 Cent is $600k per song. All of which is performance.
              Turning up for a photo-op should be much cheaper.
              And the quality of that stream is attrocious

• MrBusiness@lemmy.zip
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                3 months ago

I know absolutely nothing about Carti, but what if he did that shit on purpose? -Doesn’t like Adin Ross for one of the many legit reasons I’ve been seeing people listing. (Idk shit about Adin either) -Is told he’ll get paid $2m to show up -Does the absolute least, still gets paid -Leave

Back when this happened people were giving Carti shit. But after learning all this stuff about Adin, it seems Carti pulled a pro move. Idk if Carti is also a complete scumbag, but pulling that shit on Adin was deserved.

• LiveLM@lemmy.zip
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  3 months ago

Honestly, I think it just boils down to Carti being an asshole to people around him and Adin being a naïve idiot lmao.

No really, Adin with all his cash could easily have an employee just to handle his interactions with artists, agreements and whatever, yet he’s over here handing out racks in a duffel bag?

Carti is obviously in the wrong but I won’t shed a single tear for Adin lol

• vaultdweller013@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Tate fled to Romania ages ago, he was trying to flee from Romania. He has the uncanny ability to piss off every country he resides in. Also im pretty sure hes wanted in the UK.

• TheBest@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

To be fair, Playboy Carti has very weird media requests and rarely ever does interviews. Adin was desperate to compete with the likes of other streamers, like Kai Cenat who’s had crazy poplar rappers like Nicki Minaj and Offset on. Tried to ride that wave and got fell off the surfboard.