fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 months ago

Java > Bedrock

F*ck M$ for even making Bedrock…
    It’s an inferior version of Minecraft and it fractures the modding community.

• umbrella@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

its technically better.

microsoft just made it limited and stupid on purpose to make more money off it. which is more infuriating imo.

• accideath@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Yea, back in the day I dreamt about a Minecraft that didn’t run on Java and thus better on the low end hardware I had. In my dreams it just still had all the benefits of the Java edition which is why I now dream of old Java Minecraft

• Aasikki@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Yeah the infuriating part is not the mere existence of bedrock, but the fact that they purposefully made it suck. It could have been much better than the java version if they did it right.

• DrPop@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

So just fuck everyone who doesn’t play on Pc? There are aspects about bedrock that should be gotten rid of, but it’s existence is for the ability for cross play to exist. I play both versions but bedrock made making a cross platform server for my friends and I (who all play on different consoles) possible.

• Rikj000
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

Instead of making bedrock edition,
        they could have focused on supporting JVM, and thus Minecraft Java Edition, for more consoles.

But since Java is a C# (also from M$) competitor, they likely did not want to go that route.

Anyways, you can play Java Edition on Linux, Mac, Windows and also Android.

Multiple consoles (E.g. PS4 / Nintendo Switch) unofficially support dual booting to Linux and/or Android.

For Android you can use PojavLauncher,
        it even supports modpacks:
        https://github.com/PojavLauncherTeam/PojavLauncher

I will not touch Bedrock edition,
        especially not since it requires you to sign in on your Windows with a M$ account, while my Windows KVM is Ameliorated, which strips the ability to do so, nor would I want to if I could.

• DrPop@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Yeah I hate the signing into a Microsoft account part. It’s unnecessary and they need to get over no one uses Hotmail.

• voxel@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

you don’t need to sign in, you can just sideload the appx package (it’s likely to fail due to license verification, there are ways around it tho, like stopping the licensing service)