• @boredsquirrel@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    28 days ago

We plan to run programmatic research to reduce risk in decision-making so that users benefit when our stakeholders translate user insights into product development.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Edit: I see the point of studies, which are not needed. But especially, feeding users stuff their stakeholders want, is a crazy thesis.

Their users are their biggest stakeholders, arent they? Or is it Google?

That phrasing tells me its Google.

• ivy
      link
      fedilink
      2128 days ago

It means they want to use telemetry to understand which features are used, to change how they deploy features. Since it’s related to investment I wouldn’t be surprised if it means more intrusive stuff like Pocket rather than their subtly irritating changes to bookmarks being worked out better.

I don’t need feature developement streamlining based on user surveillance. I need options to disable features which are built based on a serious user feedback system if I don’t need them.

Best thing about Floorp is how it lets you swap between layouts of the browser itself to me

• ivy
          link
          fedilink
          628 days ago

You’re gonna want librewolf most likely

• ivy
          link
          fedilink
          328 days ago

Fake open source idk. Look i put up with a lot of shit from cutting edge japanese developers

• monsterpiece42
      link
      fedilink
      226 days ago

I mean it pretty clearly says that User insights will be put into development and user benefit is first.

…will that happen? Well. Probably not. But I hope so.

• Ada
      link
      fedilink
      -728 days ago

They’re going to use LLMs to analyse user usage data to make things better?