• BROOT@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

You have to be kidding, right? A paper tiger? US javelins alone were responsible for utterly crippling the Russian air superiority.

• PolandIsAStateOfMind@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

It seems we have transdimensional traveller here. Seems from very far dimension because in this one Javelin isn’t even anti air missile lmao.

• LarkinDePark@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

It’s really shocking how propagandised the masses are. I’ve never seen anything quite like this and I’m old.

• BROOT@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

My bad, I misspoke. Us javelins are anti-tank. UK javelins were anti air.

• BROOT@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

In my quickness to reply, I mixed up Patriot system with javelin. I didn’t mean that the UK were sending anti air, just that the UK once HAD a SMAA that was called a Javelin. Entirely my fault.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmygrad.mlOP
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

The US patriot blew its load of 36 missiles in two minutes and then got hit by a single hypersonic missile and destroyed. US is only able to produce around 150 of these missiles per year at the moment, and each one costs $4.1 million. Anybody capable of doing basic math can see that Patriot is an utter joke of an air defence system.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

Funnelling tax payer money away from things like social services, infrastructure, healthcare, and education which it’s meant for and into the pockets of the oligarchs who own the military industry is the whole point.

• sicaniv@lemmygrad.ml
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    11 months ago

No no you don’t get it. It’s about free market. Any one can become oligarch in US. It’s a free democratic country. It’s upto to the people to compete and become an oligarch. No one is stopping them from becoming oligarchs. It’s free market after all. If some oligarch can profit from war then other people also have that option to become that oligarch. After all every thing is about profit in amerikan dream.

— That is what, being a liberal, I used to think about war profit and bourgeois nationalism.

** For the people to get an Idea of how a Liberal Brain works after consuming so much bourgeois media.

• ExotiqueMatter@lemmygrad.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                11 months ago

so they wasted 24% of their yearly production (and 147.6 million$), JUST FUCKING LIKE THIS?! 24%!! Did it even hit anything? How much do they have stickpiled in total?

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  11 months ago

From all the reports we have it appears that they didn’t manage to hit shit, and US admitted that the Patriot cannot intercept Kinzhals. The stockpile doesn’t seem to be too big either as they’ve been running around and asking other countries they exported Patriot to for the missiles. This war is now exposing what an utter clown show US military tech actually is.

• ExotiqueMatter@lemmygrad.ml
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    11 months ago

Wow, to think the largest military in the world and army of the world’s military and economic egemon is that fucking useless, You can’t make that up 💀 . I just did a quick high balling estimation of the stockpile:

The MIM-104 patriot has existed for 39 years, assuming, to symplify, that the production has been a constent 150 per year since then up to now and ignoring the ones exported or already used, the US stockpile of patriot missiles is AT ABSOLUTE MOST 5850 missiles, no more. Witch mean they used more than 0.6% of their entire stockpile on this one single shot.

Of course, if we take into acount the already used ones in previous wars + the ones sold to other countries, they have WAY less than that in their stockpile.

• REEEEvolution@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

The Patriot system could not even reliably shoot down the modfied SCUD rockets Iraq fired during the first gulf war…

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

They also suck as anti-tank weapon. A tank has a “slightly” larger range and reactive armor to counter those kinds of missle. The russian military did not sleep the last decades.

• freagle@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

The Russian air superiorty that still exists and is causing the US to greenlight German trainers to train Ukrainian pilots on US fighters so that maybe in a few months there might be some counter to it? That Russian air superiorty?

• Soviet Snake@lemmygrad.mlM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

All of the mighty US Wanderwuffe were destroyed or didn’t cause much in terms of advancing, and as all of you liberals like to say, Russia was using shitty goatherder Soviet weapons. Furthermore if you actually read the article you would see that the US is highly deindustrialised and cannot sustain a prolonged war and that’s not going to change because those are the effects of neoliberalism.

In describing the outcome of the Congressional wargames, Rep. Mike Gallagher said that the U.S. used up almost all of its precision-guided missiles in a week. I assure you, China would not run out of missiles in a week.

Guess what happens after a week? Besides if the US would invade China there would be no reason for Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, and plenty of other countries to provide support, I’d like to see how much your wunderwaffe will do there.

• BROOT@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Sorry, forgot I was replying to a totally badass amazing military strategist big brain boi. I’ll take my librul tearz and go home :(

• Neodosa@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

Will you address the claim made in the article which you clearly only read the headline of:

In describing the outcome of the Congressional wargames, Rep. Mike Gallagher said that the U.S. used up almost all of its precision-guided missiles in a week. I assure you, China would not run out of missiles in a week.

You seem to just assume that the US can somehow magically appear missiles into existance, but I mean think about it, is it the US or China that deindustrialized? Also, why does the US wargame conclude that at least two US aircraft carriers would be downed in the first two weeks?

• BROOT@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Where did I say that? There’s a whole lot of conjecture in your statement. Nothing in the article gives the vastly different rules of each of the war game scenarios they ran. Also, congressional war games are often utter and complete bullshit, run by people that have no idea how the American military and its supply chain and contractors operate. All I ever said was that I think this shit would be worse for China than for us.

• Neodosa@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

How does the US losing two aircraft carriers and running out of missiles way before China equate to China being worse off than the US?

• BROOT@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                11 months ago

You understand that what I said implies that I don’t take at face value the validity of a CONGRESSIONAL war game run, right?

• JucheBot1988@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

Also, congressional war games are often utter and complete bullshit, run by people that have no idea how the American military and its supply chain and contractors operate. All I ever said was that I think this shit would be worse for China than for us.

Even if I grant that whatever game or simulation they ran isn’t entirely accurate, I’m still not willing to go to war based on the gut feelings of some guy on the internet. Especially since a lot of people, speaking on similar “gut feelings” and a good ol’ conservative distrust of the “experts,” were confidently telling me just a few months ago that Ukrainian troops would absolutely be in Crimea by now.

• 新星 [he/him/CPC bot]@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I tried to change my display name to “a totally badass amazing military strategist big brain boi” for the meme reply but I guess that was too long…

In seriousness though, do you really think we’re responding to you for your “librul tearz”?

• BROOT@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

That would have been an amazing name. And in serious? The person I responded to used ‘you liberals’ and ‘neoliberalism’ towards me, I was just mocking them.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              11 months ago

Are you operating under the assumption that we are using “liberal” like american conservatives? Because that isn’t what we mean when we call you a liberal, which you absolutely seem to be.

• DamarcusArt@lemmygrad.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

Huh, I guess that’s why liberals try to conflate us with the right wing so much. I have needed to explain to an absurd amount of Americans that my country’s Liberal party is the further right wing party, as they tend to be everywhere except the US, where they are the “right but pretends to be left by comparing themselves to the borderline fascist conservative party.”

Imagine how many pointless internet arguments would cease to exist if Americans were just fucking educated on the world outside their borders.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

Back on my reddit GenZeDong and SLS days, it probably came up like once a day. People assumed that our complaints about liberals meant we were american republicans who hated democrats. Not leftists who hated both facets of their one political party. Liberal was synonymous in their head to the left, which is a bizarre idea to me.

• DamarcusArt@lemmygrad.ml
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    11 months ago

It makes sense on reddit, where the userbase is predominately American, but here I think it is much more global (or at least used to be before the reddit exodus).

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

If the US is doing so well at arming Ukraine and defeating Russia, then why are they losing? Why is Russia still taking land and why is this “counteroffensive” that the US and Ukraine talked so much about utterly failing?

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Well, no. Ukrainian forces themselves stated that they need real anti-air capabilities because those javelins are useless. Please stop getting your news from NAFO bots.