• AA5B@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

My teen will be here instead of his Mom’s house for the weekend, so literally anything he wants to do. He drives now, which is scary as heck, so tonight he’s going to meet buddies and he’ll be here on his schedule.

I had some great ideas for meals he would love, including his favorite chocolate chip pancakes, but suddenly he’s eating low carb, so those ideas are out. I don’t know, might end up with just chicken breasts and veggies.

Assuming the weather is ok, we’ve been doing a lot of walking around town and on the new rail trail, so hopefully more of that. It’s a great opportunity to just talk, while having enough activity so it’s not forced talking

Taxes. Looks like OP is in Germany, so …. Here in the US, we need to fill out tax forms and send them in: after January, but by April 15. Lots of paperwork to assemble, but I’m hoping for a huge rebate for buying an electric car

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

You seem to be a cool dad!

I’m actually in Spain, but our Spain instance went bust a few weeks back, so I now rely on the famous German quality

• Notyou@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

If he wants some “not nearly as good but no carb pancakes” you can mix eggs and cream cheese and fry that mixture up. As long as the cream cheese gets mixed well, it will give you really tiny pancakes (crepe thickness). The ratio is about 1oz cream cheese per 1 egg. Plus any flavorings.

You can add different flavors like chocolate chips or cinnamon or whatever. There are plenty of keto pancakes recipes, if you wanna look.