• Justice@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Mali has reclaimed some .ml domains. It’s not been made completely clear why they did or if it will continue. There was a pinned post like a week ago regarding alternate domain possibilities and raising awareness of the possibility this one gets yoinked. Long story short the admins have one reserved and the current one is already paid for like 2 years into the future, but, we don’t know if Mali might ignore that or not. Guess we’ll see

• albigu@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s kinda funny because NATO kinda creates the “Russian allies” themselves by making the conditions for anti-imperialist countries to become friendlier with Russia or other bigger NATO rivals. By constantly threatening and subjugating every single country on earth, those countries have way more to gain with each other than the Northwest and the overreaction from the State Department outlets sometimes even serves to bolster their resolve. In the end we will all be “Russia’s allies,” and that’s NATO’s fault.

• blobjim@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s basically just using US imperialism as as a cause to do more imperialism. Right-wingers love blaming victims and doing blood libel to justify all the evil things they plan on doing.

• ihaveibs@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Mali is no longer ruled by western interests so they gotta get the propaganda machine going i guess

• Shrike502@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Well no. They also have a monstrously large spook apparatus and an unprecedented propaganda machine. Can’t forget those

• CriticalResist8@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

That’s why they’re taking away the .ml domains. Pentagon uses .mil and Mali has, understandably, their country code of .ml

And I’m not joking, some guy who set up stuff like navy. ml and army. ml (since you could also get free .ml domains) used to get like thousands of emails intended for the .mil addresses.

So other thing to note, this isn’t the blunder the media tries to make it be. It happens all the time from good ol american boys too who confuse ml with mil.

If you ask me .mil should change, it’s their problem. But I’d wager they’ll request Mali change their country name before they ever change their shitty domain name. What is even mil lmao, “navy dot military” that sounds like it comes from bad fanfic by a 13yo.