• t3h_fool@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

People made those comments on a public page. I don’t see why you are censoring the user names.

• ArxCyberwolf@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

It’s not a new thing to censor people’s usernames on posts. It’s respectful and not doing so could possibly lead to people being harassed in DMs.

• sfgifz@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

You’ll take that effort for what? Just to troll someone you know just via a few comments?

• Duamerthrax@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

Copy/pasting into Google isn’t really what I’d call an effort. And I was doing to because I don’t like getting rage baited. Confirming sources is a good habbit.

• jj4211@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

The usernames are not pertinent to the sentiment. However, they could cause a hassle. So blanking makes sense.

If there were dangerous or responses that merit a response, ok, but for trying to make a point of “comments are full of vacuous crap”, it doesn’t matter even in theory.

Maybe if the post were making a point that people didn’t agree with, it warrants some clues like a citation to back up the claims, but this is just a circle jerk sort of post, so no one’s about to say “no, Reddit only has deep and meaningful commentary, you need to prove that comments like this exist”.