• Optional@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

They know that Trump is Bibi’s best friend, right? And electing him will triple-down on the genocide?

They know that, right?

• Amaltheamannen@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Right, so Biden should get no criticism for supporting genocide because the other guy does it more? Seems democrats can get away with anything by simply not being trump.

• lewdian69@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Op never said Biden should get a pass. The question is why protestors aren’t ALSO disrupting Republican events at the same magnitude and frequency.

• lewdian69@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                4 months ago

Sigh. Yeah no shit. The point is why not both? Holy hell why are all these replies still about only one or the other. Yes Biden is president, he should be protested. You all get a cookie. The Republicans are also a major part, a painful part, of the government. THEY TOO SHOULD BE PROTESTED. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills gif

• Glytch@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

Because Republicans aren’t in charge of diplomacy right now, that’s a responsibility of the president.

• nutsack@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

that sounds like a good reason to continue petitioning biden. what’s the problem

• go_go_gadget@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Well stop wondering and ask yourself if you’d rather Biden stop sending weapons to Israel or lose to Donald Trump.

• jpreston2005@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

false equivalency. Biden demanding a ceasefire in Gaza will not lose him the election. In fact, it may win it for him.

• Ensign_Crab@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

The left does not agree with the genocide that centrists and their republican buddies have always wanted.

• Nudding@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

Actions speak louder than words, and their actions show that they are more than okay with genocide. They are actively and enthusiastically supplying Israel with the ammunition to conduct this genocide. Even going so far as to side step Congressional barriers to fucking send that shit.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

They know that, right?

They’re mostly the tiktok generation who can barely read. Critical and logical thinking are pipe dreams.

Gonna be a hard life for them.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Democrats should not be supporting genocide, nor dismissing and alienating those that oppose it.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

Democrats should not be supporting genocide

Good thing they don’t then isn’t it?

Saying there is one doesn’t make it true.

There is a war, it’s brutal and will get worse before it gets better. If it gets better.

• mmcintyre@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            4 months ago

Palestine doesn’t even have an army. What war are you talking about?

This is more a “special military operation” as retaliation for a terrorist attack. Because this ain’t a war, it’s a massacre of mostly innocent people. I mean… they’re literally targeting children. And the ambulance trying to reach them.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              4 months ago

Palestine doesn’t even have an army.

It just happened to have 24 battalions of Hamas terroists I guess eh?

Good news is 18 of them have been eliminated. Won’t be long now until the objective is complete.

• mmcintyre@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                4 months ago

Ok, if they were confining that to Hamas maybe it would be good news. But how many Palestinians were “eliminated” on the way to delivering you your “good news”. How many dead children? How many doctors, teachers, drivers, grandparents have been eliminated to bring you this good news?

I just don’t think that Israeli lives are any more or less important than Palestinian lives. So murdering 30,000 Gazans doesn’t seem like remotely good news to me.

But then again I’m not a bloodthirsty bigot.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  4 months ago

But how many Palestinians were “eliminated” on the way to delivering

Thousands of people died in the allied Dresden bombing campaign in WW2, by design.

Hundreds of thousands died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Doesn’t make the allies any less just in their fight. They did what was needed to win decisively.

Wars not pretty but often it’s necessary if you want to live.

I just don’t think that Israeli lives are any more or less important than Palestinian lives.

Sounds like complete pacifism. Is that correct? Is there a war now or at some point in history that you supported?

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            4 months ago

Good thing they don’t then isn’t it?

It would be a good thing if they weren’t gaslighting genocide deniers as well, but here you are.

Saying there is one doesn’t make it true.

Denying it doesn’t make it anything other than genocide. You just want to support genocide without pushback.

There is a war, it’s brutal and will get worse before it gets better. If it gets better.

It’s genocide and nothing else. Downplaying it is genocide apologia.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              4 months ago

They’re not my party. They actively fucked over my guy Sanders.

They are only better than the alternative fascists Republicans so they have my vote.

Unless bullshit like women being forced to birth dead babies appeals to you then they’ll have your vote as well. Things can always get worse beyond your wildest imagination.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

Centrist Democrats can’t justify their support for genocide because there is no justification for supporting genocide. But since they don’t want to stop, we get the Greatest Hits of Centrist Dismissals.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              4 months ago

So much of the dismissal of those who are opposed to the genocide that centrist Democrats support boils down to “I’m old. I assume you’re younger than me and are therefore wrong.”

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                4 months ago

Exactly. It’s just Boomers who are obsessed with getting their way. Then they turn around and tell us that we don’t know how to compromise. The best examples they have about “compromises” they have made are things like “Biden stood with a picket line!” or “He tried for student loan forgiveness.” They genuinely feel like those were material compromises on their part despite neither one having any impact on their lives in any way. It’s fucking pathetic.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  4 months ago

Centrist Democrats didn’t want student loan forgiveness because of course they didn’t, while progressives wanted student loan forgiveness because it helps people. Biden listened to progressives. When the Supreme Court agreed with Centrist Democrats and struck down Biden’s first attempt at forgiveness, he kept trying.

I’ve been screaming for years that Democrats need to listen to progressives and not give up forever at the first setback. Biden did exactly what I wanted on student loans: he listened to progressives and kept trying. I cannot fault him on that issue.

There’s a whole host of other issues I absolutely will fault him for. I agree with your other example. Centrist Democrats keep trying to give Biden sole credit for the UAW’s hard work because he held a photo op.

link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    4 months ago

If Biden had succeeded at student loan forgiveness that would mean moderates gave something up. He didn’t and thus it’s ridiculous to me they try to act like that’s a compromise. It was an attempt at a compromise which failed.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              4 months ago

I’m mid 30s so technically a millenial. Also I’m a progressive and voted for Sanders while you were playing with your fidget spinner in middle school.

Note the source of the poll. YouGov. They’re reliable and as I said that was one example. Every poll shows it’s young people.

But sure cling on to anecdotal evidence and call people you disagree with boomers. That’ll get you far lmao.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                4 months ago

Every poll shows it’s young people.

Are you calling yourself “young people” then? Your own poll shows 43% of Millennials believe genocide is being committed.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  4 months ago

I’m saying they’ve been “educated” by Tiktok, AKA brainwashed.

Nationally, 48 percent of U.S. Millennial and Gen Z could not name a single one of the more than 40,000 concentration camps or ghettos established during World War II. This number is reflected in individual state outcomes, with an astounding 60 percent of respondents in Texas, 58 percent in New York, and 57 percent in South Carolina, unable to name a single camp or ghetto.

56 percent of U.S. Millennial and Gen Z were unable to identify Auschwitz-Birkenau, and there was virtually no awareness of concentration camps and ghettos overall. Only six percent of respondents are familiar with the infamous Dachau camp, while awareness of Bergen-Belsen (three percent), Buchenwald (one percent) and Treblinka (one percent) is virtually nonexistent.

When asked how many Jews were killed during the Holocaust, 63 percent of Millennials and Gen Z did not know six million Jews were murdered.

The state-by-state analysis yielded a particularly disquieting finding that nearly 20 percent of Millennials and Gen Z in New York feel the Jews caused the Holocaust.

A fifth of Americans ages 18-29 believe the Holocaust was a myth, according to a new poll from The Economist/YouGov.

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4349815-poll-americans-holocaust-myth/

link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    4 months ago

I’m not about to unravel what your deal is here.

Biden needs these votes to win the 2024 general election. You can mock them all you like but that isn’t going to make them show up at the ballot box. If you don’t want Trump to win you’d better hope he stops sending weapons to Israel.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

Small sample size. I look at the polling data. Those claiming there’s a genocide skew young in every poll.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            4 months ago

Good. You didn’t answer my question. My guess is you’re a Boomer who thinks everyone younger than 65 is a child.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

I guess harm reduction is a foreign concept here.

If you want more children to die vote for Trump. If you want less children to die vote for Biden.

There will never be a canidate where 0 children die.

It really is that simple.

• Glytch@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

Harm reduction would be Biden stopping the sale of arms to Israel instead of sidestepping congress to sell more weapons for the slaughter.

• swearengen@sopuli.xyz
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              4 months ago

Fucking disgusting.

Welcome to reality. Did someone tell you it would be pretty? Shame on them.

• Linkerbaan@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            4 months ago

Young people don’t have enough Stockholm Syndrome yet to be blackmailed into voting for Genocide.

Takes years of doggy training to get a voter that far gone.