• stoicmaverick@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

You can (probably) do that right now. You just have to give up on the idea of advancing any aspect of your life to do it. Related quote from the movie Fight Club: “it’s only after you’ve lost everything, that you’re free to do anything.” I think about that line a lot, because it has both positive and negative implications.

• stoicmaverick@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Ya. Well that’s why I added the ‘probably’. Unfortunately sometimes maintaining a zero sum can be all the work of improvement without any of the benefit. Feels like furiously firing rocket engines just a hover in place. I’ve been there; still am in some regards. Best of luck to you.

• shadowSprite@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I know you’re talking alcoholic cider, but you just brought back one of the few happy memories of my childhood. There used to be a small (nonalcoholic) apple cider making business relatively close to where I grew up. Every fall we’d compile a whole bunch of empty gallon jugs and make the drive over there. They had a giant keg of apple cider that they’d fill all the jugs from, and since I was just a kid the employees used to let me help them fill up the jugs. The smell of that place was absolute heaven. We’d leave with about 10 or 15 gallons of apple cider that we’d freeze for the rest of the year and a small jar of apple butter.

• plactagonic@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Actually both, there are some presses that just press your apples for some fee. So if I would have press why not make both.

• Corroded@leminal.space
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

I want a 270° desk that I can fill with tech and several electrical outlets so I don’t have to unplug things.

• chowdertailz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Own a house. I finally start making decent money and can save but it’s nothing to what I would need for a mortgage. On top of that if I do finally bite I can’t guarantee my income if I chnlange jobs which could be a thing. I just want to own and have a yard so I can get a dog. My shitty apparetment doesn’t have space or commodities for it and rent keeps going up.

• SavvyWolf@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Cringe be damned, but I want to make a “proper” furry fursona. Maybe get some art, a vrchat model thing and maybe even a fursuit.

• person@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Cringe because furry. Based because you know what you want.

• Macaroni_ninja@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

A house, which runs on green energy with a big garden growing my own veggies and fruits. Mainly to save a shit tons of money in the long term, and because I love being close to nature, while still maintaining my modern life (internet, gadgets, modern living)

• Lad@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Definitely an unspoken bucket list thing for me. Having sex with 2 women at the same time would be a huge confidence boost I think.

• shadowSprite@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I want to be able to live in a small place with a backyard facing woods, hills, or water. I want to be able to pay my bills with enough left over for some savings, some fun stuff, and maybe a short vacation once every year or two. I want to go hiking on the weekend and I want to sit on my back porch at night and drink tea while wrapped in a blanket and I want a gaming room with a big window so I can play games late at night looking up at the sky. Why are my dreams so unattainable?

• Annoyed_🦀 🏅@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Good luck! I tried that a decade ago, biggest gamble i’ve ever made, not working out, maybe you can succeed with so much resource out there!

• jpreston2005@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I want to be known for the things I create. Comedy, acting, and books, mainly. I want to be able to share all the love I have with people that won’t abuse me or my trust. I want to visit all the wildest and most different parts of the world. I want to find success enough that I can give back to the community in a big way. I guess since these are dreams I might as well say in which way I want to give back to the community. I want to found Star Fleet Academy. I want a school whose purpose is to train and develop the future of humanity as it grasps for the stars.