What are you using right now? and What’s the one thing you like and don’t like about it?

• TypicalHog@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Obsidian. It’s just so good. The only sad thing is - it’s not open source.

• I_Miss_Daniel@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Google Keep .

Pros: Works well across multiple devices. Never lost a note yet.

Cons: Limited formatting. Never know if it will end up in the Google Graveyard one day.

• barcaxavi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I use LogSeq at work. I have a lot of meetings, making a lot of notes and it’s just so easy to put all of them into the right hashtags/topic/whatever. When used right, it really needs 0 extra organisational work. It’s also really future-proof, easy to sync and also works on mobile.

• sudneo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

+1 i just switched from Obsidian and I think logseq logic clicks more with my thought process (block notes vs page focus). Awesome application!

• Tangent5280@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Can you point to a tutorial or guide to using logseq right? Where’d you learn how best to use it?

• barcaxavi@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Not a particular one. Just start using it, if you know markdown, you’re halfway there. “/” Will l will give you some options, also “[[]]” and “#” are creating separate pages, which is the most important aspect of Logseq.

• hissing meerkat@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Joplin

I like being able to use markdown, put images, pdfs, and videos straight into my notes and view them there.

There’s nothing I don’t really like about it. I wish it did more things like:

• easily reference git PRs/GitHub issues
    • watch a folder for changes and add everything to a note (there’s a plugin for this but it doesn’t work very ad-hoc)
    • watch the clipboard/Windows snipping tool (this is supposed to be a folder but I can’t find it) for images and add them
    • timestamp changes
    • export everything in a good format to track with git
  • Matriks404@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

It depends.

• Todoist for basic everyday tasks

• Obsidian for projects, learning plans, etc.

• Unsaved Notepad++ tabs for Quick notes.

• AFK BRB Chocolate@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Mine is going to sound funny. I’ve been working a long time and have literally decades of saved email in a structure that works for me. So when I take notes I do it as an email to myself.

• KazuyaDarklight@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

OneNote

Easy sync across devices, fairly feature rich, interacts well with other work software, while being easy to separate work and personal.

Megacorp holds my data. But I just don’t have the time/will to setup and maintain something self-hosted.

• Lumberjacked@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Bear Notes. I go and try other apps and end up coming back to Bear for its simplicity and stability.