I’ve worked with some pretty rotten software, but management software is easily the most user unfriendly, so my vote goes to HPSM.

• Socsa@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Jira is literally a shiny keychain which keeps PMs distracted and busy enough so that they don’t start calling people into a million meetings because they have nothing better to do. It is otherwise completely useless and borderline nonsensical, and any perceived productivity gains from its usage can be attributed directly to keeping superfluous managers away from engineers.

• EatATaco@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Funny I find jira to be very useful for a nice centralized location of where we keep issues that weve come across and will, at some point, handle, but are not going to get to now.

Other than our team lead, I don’t think any of our managers even look at it.

• veni_vedi_veni@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Depends on your issues. If its something esoteric and/or too high level to be useful, yea it sucks. If its issues that are easily reproducible but you can’t address it immediately, adding it to the backlog and having that context in jira really helps. That’s all predicated on the story reporter providing steps to reproduce and good context. But there are some things I would consider it adds which are less than useful, like story points, where its almost bait how it starts a conversations with PMs who don’t know how to ask the right questions over why is it too high or low…

• Alph4d0g
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

And gives middle managers another way to misinterpret sh1t they don’t understand.