• SacredExcrement [any, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen is a study done on cops vis a vis fetanyl knowledge

…204 police officers in Indiana. Overall, 129 officers (63%) completed baseline survey and 69 (34%) completed follow-up instrument. Using a 6-point Likert scale, we documented assent with the statement: “First responders who encounter fentanyl are at great risk of overdose by touching it or inhaling it.” At baseline, 79.8% expressed agreement, while 20.2% disagreed. At follow-up, 39.1% agreed, while 60.9% disagreed

Around 40% of hogs are still willfully too stupid, even after training, to acknowledge that fentanyl is not a magical powder that will kill you if you’re within the same post code as it.

• NewAcctWhoDis [any]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

What’s really funny about the fentanyl panic is that it’s a prescription pain killer. It’s not fucking krokodil, it’s something doctors actually give to patients.

• WayeeCool [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          4 months ago

Yeah. It has to be formulated differently for both gaseous and transdermal applications. Fentanyl is infact available as a transdermal patch that absorbs through the skin.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601202.html

In addition to this it’s been used for decades in gaseous formulation as general anesthesia during surgery. General anesthesia is what a majority of pharmaceutical fentanyl gets used for and it’s fentanyl that tends to be what kills people when anesthesiologist fuck up. Famously Russian special forces used the general anesthesia formulation of fentanyl to gas a theater during a hostage situation and ended up killing a bunch of hostages.

• WayeeCool [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              4 months ago

Yeah, it was carfentanil. The large animal veterinary formulation used to anesthetize elephants and rhinoceroses. Carfentanil has 20 to 100 the potency of fentanyl, which is why whenever idiots steal some from veterinary supplies cities end up with an uptick in overdoses.

• Tachanka [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

the British empire forces open china’s markets so they can flood it with opium from India, in order to make money

they were bringing civilization very-intelligent

The American government voluntarily purchases mass produced opiates from the Chinese government

frothingfash the barbaric asiatic commies are literally poisoning us

• PosadistInevitablity [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Drug lies and the conservative extreme fear response come together perfectly in these situations.

It literally does nothing to them. They’re little babies having panic attacks and wanting to be seen as men still, so they blame the drugs.

pathetic

• allthetimesivedied [they/them, she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

OK kids listen up listen the FUCK UP KIDS YOU IN THE BACK I FUCKED UR MUM.

I have “died” smoking fetty.

In junkie/opioid user subculture, when someone OD’s and has to be brought back from that calm edge of everything with Narcan naloxone, we say that they “died.”

That’s where my username comes from. Someone I care about a lot was talking about all the times they died. It was a conversation about belief in the afterlife—all the times they died there was just, nothing.

The first time I died, I just blacked out. It’s creepy how blacking out works—until it happens to you, you probably picture it…idk…different. But it’s like someone in real time took a cartoon sized pair or scissors and went snip and suddenly you’re somewhere else, sometime else. It’s not as weird as it happens because at least in my experience, you initially aren’t aware of the skip, because there is no skip, really.

There was no time to panic. Nothing like that. I just died.

If I hadn’t woken up, I would have simply forgotten that I ever existed.

The second time, I asked this dude I was hanging out with for a hit off his foil. I had a death wish. I took a pretty big fucking hit. Everything went s l o w a s I p a s

And then I was in a dream I don’t remember except for that I thought it was real.

And then I woke up. He tossed my phone onto my lap and I realized what had happened. The subject was treated very casually. When a friend of mine showed up I told him what happened like it was an accomplishment.

These stupid cops are having panic attacks because they think fetty is fucking sarin.

• ඞmir@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Sounds similar to the times when I fainted. Your timeline is snipped and cut together, without it really “feeling” off. It’s like you press a button and you’re suddenly X minutes further in time, like someone switching from a red LED to a blue LED by flicking a light switch.

The non-existence of time isn’t at all like a dream, or (probably) a coma. It’s not like a PC going into hibernation mode and getting time to record what is happening and to do restoration bookkeeping on startup. No, it’s as if the time never existed.

Very difficult to explain as most portrayals in media make it look like “a deep slumber” while that couldn’t be further from what the experience is like.

• barrbaric [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Yeah seconded. Something else weird (might just be a me thing, idk) is that whenever I regained consciousness afterwards it was very gradual, extremely different from sleep. Head comes online first, everything’s dark, feel trembling/maybe seizing in my limbs before everything finally comes to and I realize I’m lying face-down on the floor and my nose hurts. Could’ve also just been concussion symptoms I guess.