I know they mentioned they will release a native Linux version in the past, but I’m curious if we’ve heard any new information about it.

• Essence_of_Meh@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

According to dev comments it’s still in the works, just waiting for Vulkan support (I know it was mentioned during one ISC or Friday Q&A, maybe on Spectrum as well). Depending on how fast the porting work goes we might see some movement on that be the end this or early next year (though that’s just my speculation).

I’ll see if I can dig up an official comment.

Edit: Here’s a Spectrum post from 2022 from Silvan, the main (?) graphics guy. I’m pretty sure the video comment was newer than that but I don’t have time to trudge through those right now.

• Banzai51@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Getting the game to run on Vulkan is going to be the key to getting official Linux support. Keep your eye on that. Until then, there are a lot of guides to getting it running unofficially.

• galil3o@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Excited for potential native version, but to be honest it wasn’t terribly difficult to get it up and running using the community LUG tool and Lutris. It took some trial and error on finding the right wine and dxvk versions (now running GloriousEggroll and dxvk-async-2.0) but once I got it to run its been fine for more than a year now.

• Beko Pharm
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Hope they fix that EAC bug first eventually. I mean currently all Linux PC gamer (or really anyone who killed their EAC) is just… tolerated. That’ll change whenever they flip the switch :-/