link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        3 months ago

Fuck both your ex-friend and the internet weirdo arguing with you about your family’s safety and value, holy shit. Who asked for their toxic parenting advice/analysis???

You made a decision based on your priorities, and I hope you and your family are doing well, and your child is THRIVING!

• intensely_human@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          3 months ago

How the fuck is anything I said arguing about this person’s family’s value??

What the fuck?

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              3 months ago

I hate being bullied. When I get treated with this level of disgust and contempt, it makes me feel undignified to just slink away.

• yuriy@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                3 months ago

You’re being bullied?

Someone shared a personal story and you took the side of the aggressor, and then tripled down on it.

And you’re being bullied, huh?

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  3 months ago

“The aggressor”?

The person who said “I read a study that mixed-race kids are at higher risk for suicide” is the aggressor to you?

And the person who cast their twenty year friend as a racist for saying this, and ended that twenty-year friendship for this, is not an aggressor at all?

And yes. You perceiving that I have my own issues with people discarding me, and then knowing exactly where to poke to hit that nerve in me, yes you’re a bully.

And honestly I hope you don’t know it. I hope it takes as long as humanly possible for you to acknowledge it.

• yuriy@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    3 months ago

I am not in control of your actions, you’re making the decision to continue this line of discussion. I only got involved to begin with to tell you to fuck off. Now here you are, two replies deep, telling me off for bullying you. What’s your endgame?

Do you legitimately not see what you did here? It’s like if you heard a stranger say they were cut off in traffic, and you broke into the conversation to criticize THEIR driving. And then while you’re in the middle of explaining why you’re correct, ANOTHER stranger walks up and says “Why are you hassling this person about their driving?” and you counter with “Stop bullying me.” And now you’re explaining to that second stranger why the person who cut off the first stranger is probably a really great driver, despite the fact that all you have to go on is a summary of a single situation.

• rektdeckard@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    3 months ago

Hey bud. You can still choose to be kind today.

Step back for a sec and think about what it would be like for someone to judge your experience of a traumatic event from just a few sentences. You might have misspoken or written it out wrong. You definitely missed some important details. Maybe you embellished or condensed some things to be easier for a stranger to grasp.

I’m not saying this rhetorically. Actually stop and just think for a sec.

Does that help put in perspective why everyone thinks you’re being unfair to OP?

• wanderingmagus@lemm.ee
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    3 months ago

Why not just go back to exploding-heads or truth social? You and your views are clearly incompatible with this particular instance of Lemmy. There’s plenty of instances which cater to your worldview and you won’t get this response. If you don’t like the culture here, find an instance that matches you. That’s the beauty of the fediverse - somewhere, there’s an instance and set of apps that caters to your beliefs.

• bane_killgrind@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                3 months ago

Maybe you are getting bullied because you are a hostile twat, if you bothered to agitate a brain cell you could see you don’t have any dignity.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

Not sure if you read my last comment at all but it was a lot of effort to identify and step away from assumptions I made.

Sorry you’re an emotional wreck right now. Hope you feel better soon.

• rektdeckard@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Not a lot of people here will say this, but props for recognizing you were in the wrong here. It’s not easy to do.

• LemmysMum@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

You should slap your father for not having the common decency to wipe you on the curtains.