Chen Weihua liked Hakim’s tweet about getting him on the podcast on April 18 too:

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Well that kind of feels unavoidable seeing as how it’s run by three men having fun. I don’t see how’s that’s a problem with it especially as it’s “good fun” bro-y, and not “misogyny” bro-y. Though a womens marxist podcast would be a great idea.

There’s never been a piece of media with 100% audience relatability.

• Beat_da_Rich@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Being bro-y isn’t a problem if your intended audience is bros. It would just be nice to also have a funny communist podcast that is more accessible to women and queer people who are put off by bro humor.

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Oh, I definitely agree with you, and I apologize if that came across as combative. I was trying to say that the angle that deprogram takes works for them, and trying to remold something existing would probably go poorly. But a queer or female podcast would be really nice! Can never have enough communist podcasts!

Though it guess it also is fair to mention that a large amount of the guests that are brought on are queer and/or female, and that the humor doesn’t really come across as bro-y or chauvinistic, but like 3 guys earnestly talking like friends.