• Sylvartas@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

I very rarely grab code online because I work in videogames and it’s very hard to find good code for the things I struggle with since all the publicly available stuff is for hobbyists and thus usually very basic/unoptimized as hell

Most of the time the stuff I can’t figure out myself isn’t even mentioned anywhere on hobbyist forums because it’s not needed for these applications (for a recent example: assets management. For hobby projects you can usually get away with hard references to all of your assets, so it’s not even a thing)

• cm0002@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

If what you want is difficult to find publicly, then that also means an LLM is going to be weak in that area as well

What you want is a “general AI” LLM, something capable of stringing together a solution based on past somewhat related solutions. We’re not here yet, so basically you’re asking it to do something beyond what it is capable of and it’s trying its best anyways

Alternatively, you could try fine tuning your own LLM, if you have access to some sort of large repository with non-public solutions or something

• Daxtron2@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

So you’re rewriting the wheel every time? I also have worked in games and we definitely utilized public resources whenever possible to save time/money. Asset management in particular has a lot of resources unless you’re talking about truly huge scale things like MMO scale streaming stuff.