• edgemaster72@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Imagine being so deranged you get triggered by * checks notes *

exploiting the fact that some animals eat plants.

• frickineh@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

It’s more because he hates the city he lives in (but refuses to leave) so much that they could give him a million dollars and he’d find a way to be furious about it. If Donald Trump announced that he was putting goats in this dude’s living room, he’d say it was a great plan.

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I don’t think cows eat weeds

Also goats are made of meat too

I mean I have a couple other notes too, but those are the two that spring most immediately to mind

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

You have nooo idea. This is kind of the tip of the crazyberg, but he runs for some office in every election and actually got 14% of the vote last year. It’s alarming, tbh.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Yeah. He actually goes door to door and talks to people, I guess, and he’s pretty good at reining in the crazy in person, so if they’re not on social media, they don’t realize. Plus, he gets votes from people who vote straight republican and don’t pay attention to the individual candidates. He’s never even come close to winning, but he gets way more votes than he should (1 is the number he should get, just his own).

• BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.worldM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

We used to have a guy in my hometown who would run for mayor every year on the communist party ticket, and also annually the fire department would descend upon his house and forcibly remove a forest’s worth of newspapers. This was before the term hoarding was on the radar.

• Leviathan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Hahaha! He said “eat more bugs”! Guys, gals, non-binary pals, I present to you the avid Alex Jones listener.

• Omgboom@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Goats are far better for this type of thing, cows graze and only really eat grass. Goats are “browsers” meaning that they will eat just about anything, weeds, brush, trees, and also grass. So if you put a cow in a field, eventually you’ll just have big giant weeds, if you put a herd of goats in a field they will eat everything and keep it trimmed down.

• Liz@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

Goats are:

• Easier to transport from field to field.
      • Easier to erect temporary fencing to keep them in.
      • Less likely to injure an idiot that hops the fence and harasses one.
      • Easier to use on smaller plots.
      • Less of a problem if one escapes.
      • Cheaper individually to replace if someone steals, kills, or injures one.
      • More tolerant of rough terrain.
      • And yes, just like you said, will eat just about anything.

They’re probably more difficult to sell for meat though.

• verity_kindle@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

They can quickly strip bushes and trees of all their bark that is in reach, killing them. Goats can be useful if not allowed to overgraze and then move on to the above. They have browsing preferences, like cows, and can be very, very stubborn about reaching their preferred meal at any cost. They are also skilled escape artists, unlike cows. They need to be managed carefully in a pasture, like any grazer.

• Thrashy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

About half the boomers on Facebook and/or Nextdoor exhibit Time Cube levels of delusional thought, but only one half to one-third of Time Cube levels of literacy… and all of them vote Republican. I blame leaded gasoline.

• mojofrododojo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I mean, have you seen goats? I know the guy’s deranged, and goats are great for clearing land… but those eyes… yyeeeeeesh… pupils adapted for maximum FOV are creepy af

• Leviathan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

My friend, this is straight up what Alex Jones talks about every week on his show. This guy isn’t a new level or a different form, he’s just good at parroting his propaganda source.

• Oh, no no. I mean for this /c/. It’s usually more straightforward anti-vax or other more common SovCit nuttiness. This is refreshingly out of left field (for those of us who do not listen to, or follow, what Alex Fucking Jones is up to at any given point).

• Leviathan@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Oh I see! Sorry, I misunderstood.

I don’t take my Infowars straight, though, I listen to a podcast where a couple of comedians break down his show point by point to show where he’s cherry picking his “facts”, what they really mean in context and what he’s adding to make it fit his narrative. Purely for the “know your enemy” aspect of it, I truly get no joy from hearing his piece of shit voice and his mental gymnastics often make me feel like I’m dissociating from reality.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I’m not sure - he really doesn’t come off that way in person. I mean, he’s still a nut but he did a candidate forum when he was running for mayor and it was more like typical MAGA nonsense (but he also hates a lot of Republicans after the local party pulled their support during a previous election).