• Destroyer of Worlds 3000@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

more than 10%, maybe as high as 20%, but probably not higher than 90%. also, other numbers, vague references to past rumors, and different locations are things too. great article of zero effort.

Fuck am I sick of the term “this round of layoffs”… Oh its natural? Like the tides? It should be expected to fear for your livelyhood because the shareholding parasites might throw a fit? If ever there was a workforce that needed a Union, its Tesla. Same with Space Roman Numeral 10 and Xhitter.

• Fermion@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Isn’t that why they’re doing layoffs? Pre-orders are slowing down to the point that they would have excess inventory in the near future so they’re cutting workforce now.

• copaceticOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

It seems to be happening across the whole industry except the chinese EVs.

• dragontamer@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

that they would have excess inventory in the near future

They made 4X,000+ extra vehicles in Q1 2024 than they sold. (I think 46,000? But I don’t quite remember the number).

They don’t need pre-orders to see the literally tens-of-thousands of excess inventory that piled up in the past few weeks alone.

• MNByChoice@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

To an extent.

I am putting a high value on workers and want corporations to do better. People will quit on their own, which can reduce employe numbers. Not 10% of workforce, and not quickly unlesd the workplace is terrible.

• Obi@sopuli.xyz
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Voluntary dismissal would solve this, but of course that’s unacceptable because they want to be able to select who they feel costs then more with little regard to worth. With voluntary it’s probably the best ones that would go.